X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    We have eggs running out of our ears.
    [ATTACH]997117[/ATTACH]
    If insta cart wouldn’t have brought eggs yesterday I would be sitting in your driveway in a few hours after posting pictures like that.

I think I even see some double yaokers in that pile.

Comment

I have a buddy that can't keep chickens in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        We have eggs running out of our ears.
        [ATTACH]997117[/ATTACH]
        I think they still have the farmers market on the weekends in front of the court house.

I have 9 chicken and give away eggs when I get extra's

Comment

I have Australorps. They are great eggs layers.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I got home from my fishing trip yesterday to find 4 hens in a hastily constructed pen. Guess we're homesteaders now.
            Welcome boss! Priority 1 get them a secure coop! The predators will find any weaknesses very quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
              I think they still have the farmers market on the weekends in front of the court house.

I have 9 chicken and give away eggs when I get extra's
              Yes they do.
              I usually give them to guys I work with. Taking 6 dozen tomorrow.
              We average 17-20 a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                If insta cart wouldn’t have brought eggs yesterday I would be sitting in your driveway in a few hours after posting pictures like that.

I think I even see some double yaokers in that pile.
                Live in Centerville and work in Conroe.
                Let me know when you’re in the area and I will hook you up.

Comment

I have 15 barred rocks, 5 Ameraucanas, 3 black astrolorps, and 3 golden laced wyandottes. The barred rocks have the best temperament and are dang near like dogs. I free range them during the day and they go in a secure coop/house at night. I sell enough eggs at work to pay for feed, and the rest that I don't eat go to family and friends. Only predators I've had problems with are hawks. Once the chickens make it to a year old they wise up, and they take cover fast when they see a bird of prey. See a shadow and they take off like their butts are on fire.

Comment

I’m thinking about getting 16 brown leghorns to keep the grasshopper population down with a side benefit of eggs. It’s like the plague around here in the summer with grasshoppers eating the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                      I have 15 barred rocks, 5 Ameraucanas, 3 black astrolorps, and 3 golden laced wyandottes. The barred rocks have the best temperament and are dang near like dogs. I free range them during the day and they go in a secure coop/house at night. I sell enough eggs at work to pay for feed, and the rest that I don't eat go to family and friends. Only predators I've had problems with are hawks. Once the chickens make it to a year old they wise up, and they take cover fast when they see a bird of prey. See a shadow and they take off like their butts are on fire.
                      All good layers!
                      I have everyone of those plus some Rhodes island reds, buff Orpington, & production reds.
                      Barred rock and Orpington are the most docile.
                      Orpington doesn’t lay as good as the rest.
                      I free range as well. I have had several killed by hawks over the years. I have noticed the whiter colored chickens are the ones generally hit.
                      White leghorns and silver laced Wyandotte’s don’t last very long around here. I have lost a few of the others as well, but have never had a hawk kill an ameraucana.

Comment

We have 18. 4 are three year olds, everything else we have purchased this year. We have at least 8 that haven't began laying yet. They free range during the day and in the coop at night.

Comment

I've got 7 right now, with 1 sitting on about 8 eggs. Hopefully we get some chicks out of the nest. We free range during the day and coup at night. I love them, they're fun to watch. When I'm off of work I spend most of my time in the shop, I usually throw a scoop of scratch out the back door just to watch them scratch when I'm not too busy.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Helping a buddy put a coop together. Hopefully his chickens lay better than my quail, my quail laid about 3 eggs before they quit. Thinking all the stray cats in the neighborhood have them stressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                              Welcome boss! Priority 1 get them a secure coop! The predators will find any weaknesses very quick!

Already on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

We have 3 NH reds laying hens, free range and coup at night. Have 4 pulleys in brooding pen to add to the flock. Hoping there won't be any issues turning the young loose.

Comment

Working...
                                X