Career Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80-100 hours a week.....SMH!

These people have no life. You can have all the money you want, but if have no time it does no good.

Seems like a good dude, best of luck! May wanna spend less and pay off all your loans before leaving the patch

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      80-100 hours a week.....SMH!

These people have no life. You can have all the money you want, but if have no time it does no good.

Seems like a good dude, best of luck! May wanna spend less and pay off all your loans before leaving the patch

We work 84 hours a week right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
        We work 84 hours a week right now.

Insane!

Live in an RV park and travel trailer then since your hardly at home. Alot less bills. What the wife did

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
          Seems interesting!

I'm actually going to be talking to the recruiters when I get back from this trip. Easy way to get training and school paid for, not to mention the medical and retirement if you sick it out.

UAVs aren't going away anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Im not sure if you have considered this option, but you can enlist in a branch of the armed forces.... It worked for me....

I was an auto mech for 6 or so years and was tired of only getting payed when work came in the door. I really wanted something else for myself with out having to go to college.

I had a buddy that had previously done avionics in the marines and he told me about the pay as a contractor after he got out. I looked into the AF and Army... I chose the Army... but looking back I might have chosen the AF or the high school to flight school program that the army offers and just became a warrant officer and helicopter pilot...

I joined the Army as an Avionics/ Electronics and Weapon System Tech. I loved working on the Kiowa and the Apache.

Now as a civilian doing almost the same thing, I love my job and my schedule!
            With the right company you can get 3 months on and 2-3 months off when you get out. Thats not a bad schedule!

If you have any questions about the above, pm me and I would be happy to answer any questions that I can.
            Last edited by Doug Roberts; 05-10-2017, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post

UAVs aren't going away anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
              100% correct

Comment

All I can say, is you don't want to bother with Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Juice View Post
                  Look at some of the contract companies that work in plants. Good way to get experience and some offer to pay for college while you're with them.
                  Also a good way to realize you need to go get that p tech degree in two years or less and work for a plant or refinery.

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                    I was going to suggest this with your ROV experience you'd be a shoe in for UAV sensor operator. Go guard and you could stay in Houston, do your weekend a month, two weeks a year and contract as a Sensor Operator either stateside, or overseas and knock out those bills you stacked up in no time and get college paid for.

I sent you a PM

Comment

I called a recruiter for the coast guard. If anybody has any information about them please get in contact with me.

Comment

Working...
                      X