Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Hey Stick, During Ike, I had a large fridge and a 24 cubic foot upright freezer on a Honda EU2000i and ran it continuously around the clock. It would run about 14-16 hours on 1 gallon of gas. We also ran a three bulb lamp and a floor fan on the genny. I had 2 of them and ran a 110 volt 13 amp window A/C unit on the other one. It would run all night on that gallon of gas... sure made for great sleeping... We were in Kingwood and was without power for about 2 weeks... I still have those 2 gennys and later bought an EU6500 and that thing is really nice... and just as quiet. Cranked 'em all today to check 'em out...
    Best thing we bought during Rita was a big industrial size fan. Opened up all the windows and ran all night. Slept like a baby.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Johnny...just how far from the coast do you think all this flooding is going to happen with the way this is shaping up?
      (I value your opinion!) Give me a from - to (east and west) pretty please.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Hey Stick, During Ike, I had a large fridge and a 24 cubic foot upright freezer on a Honda EU2000i and ran it continuously around the clock. It would run about 14-16 hours on 1 gallon of gas. We also ran a three bulb lamp and a floor fan on the genny. I had 2 of them and ran a 110 volt 13 amp window A/C unit on the other one. It would run all night on that gallon of gas... sure made for great sleeping... We were in Kingwood and was without power for about 2 weeks... I still have those 2 gennys and later bought an EU6500 and that thing is really nice... and just as quiet. Cranked 'em all today to check 'em out...

Thanks Slick.
        Thats the kind of actual experience i needed. We have an upright freezer with 2 farm pigs, some venison, a wild pig, 3 rams, and a crap load of chicken. Cant afford to lose it. We have 3 gallons of the ethanol free pre bottled fuel and a little regular gas. I knew they were fuel efficient.

Wish we had a window unit, but it should be cool enough at night for some shuteye.

I almost picked up a second genny at home depot today. $999 but didn't. Hope i don't regret that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
          ****, son just called and we already lost power in Pin Oak in Katy.
          Has to be something else. We have zero wind here.

Comment

Grass is mowed, beer in the fridge, half gallon of whiskey, plenty of venison, can goods, sardines, vienna sausages, gas, generator, portable air conditioner and water for a week. Bring it on. I just hope i get a window to fish tomorrow and Saturday morning!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
              This is going to be devastating for us in Victoria and Calhoun counties. It is one of the hardest things, leaving our house, but all we can do now is hope and pray. Seek high ground and patience.
              Good luck yall! Hopefully nothing will happen but crapton of rain and little wind damage.

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Went for a 5 miler this evening. 3/4 mile from my house to the jogging trail. In that distance I passed 6 houses with sprinklers running. I'm not talking sprinker systems, I mean water sprinklers attached to a hose. Do my neighbors live under rocks and only come out to water the lawn?[emoji23]. Let's get a good pre-soak before the flood[emoji849]

Last edited by TexaRican; 08-24-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Watching weather channel... confused they are calling for WAY less rain

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                    I saw this too, I hope they are right.

Comment

Keep it up Johnny, I enjoy you and Bonesplitter giving your thoughts. This is shaping up to be a really big deal for people on the coast

Comment

And Weather Underground says its going to make landfall WAY further south

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                          For everyone that lives in or very close to Victoria county, are you staying or leaving?

I'm trying to make up my mind, Got the house all boarded up but my biggest concern is a big oak tree falling on the house and loosing power for days as I'm outside of the city and we loose power quite often during big storms.

We are staying in Edna

Comment

I appreciate all of you Drama Queens!!!

I don't watch/trust the news....

Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I sure hope the weather reports are wrong and you don't receive all the rain they're talking about.

Comment

Johnny>weather channel 9 outta 10 times

Comment

Working...
                                X