String Silencers (Whisker-type) Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String Silencers (Whisker-type) Installation

I’m seeing several how-to articles that describe the process as simply tying the whiskers “on” the string. If memory serves me correctly, I think an old pro shop that I frequented would press the bow and put the whiskers “in” the string AND serve them in.

Has anyone else seen it done that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pressed way looks horrible. Tied on and cut round

Comment

Back in the day, the original Cat Whiskers were meant o be tied, in an overhand knot, to the string. The creator said that the knot was a big part of what made them work so well for stopping string noise. They look really funny though.

Most people will just serve them around the string; it works well for silencing and it looks better.

I don't put anything through the string, that's why I use Cat Whiskers. Anything that runs through the string will eventually be shot out, and when it happens (at the most inopportune time) the peep will rotate and you will find yourself fighting a misaligned peep until you can get it fixed. I have fought too many peeps at 3D shoots after loosing a top string leech to go back to something I know will fail and cause me to loose accuracy.

Comment

I've used them that way but honestly they make too much noise to be worth it. Get you some bow hush and do it once.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The only problem with putting them in the string is you can't move them up and down until you find the perfect - quietest - spot. I started using this guy's method a few years ago. Instead of two big floppy ones, using four small 1 1/4" bundles.

Are your bowstring cat whiskers bulky, drooping, sliding around, or you're just not happy with the way they look and perform? Give this little tutorial a tr...

Comment

Great feedback. This was exactly what I was looking for. Won’t be putting them through the string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X