Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sciatic nerve pain anybody else ever go through this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sciatic nerve pain anybody else ever go through this??

I've had it bad for the last couple of months, went to the doc and did the whole steroids, muscle relaxer, and inflammatory none of it has helped. I got an appointment at a good chiropractor Tuesday figured I would give it a try I've never been to one before. Anyone had any success with this?

I've had it really bad for over a year now. Stretching helps a lot. Check out stretching for sciatic nerve pain on youtube. Has made a huge difference for me.

This one in particular has really helped me:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zXWCVlPEb4"]Quick Fix for Sciatica - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by pblaetz; 06-29-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

My chiropractor made the difference for me.

Comment

My chiropractor helps. Stretching helps me a lot. I lay on my back and bring my knees to my chest and pull them as close as I can and hold them for a good 20 to 30 seconds. Also lower back exercises and core exercises like planks.

Comment

Had it for a year. Chiropractor did nothing. Acupuncture did nothing. Got a medrol dose pack for temporary relief (few days,). Finally got the injection and haven't had any problems for about a year.

Comment

Had it in HS and tried chiropractor but did not work. Reflexology massages finally cured me. Just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see a Chiro now for my neck, my experience with my lower back is by the time the disc is bulging and causing pressure, there's not much they can really do. Maybe if you saw him 6 or 12 months before, yes.

What's the problem with your back? Disc issue? Stenosis? Spurs? Arthritis? (I have them all) Have you had an MRI since X rays do not show soft tissue?

Comment

I'd try spinal decompression therapy...made a huge difference for me!

Comment

Prior to watching this clip on YouTube, it reminded me every morning when getting out of bed and throughout the day. I've been doing great for almost two years with no set backs.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    I see a Chiro now for my neck, my experience with my lower back is by the time the disc is bulging and causing pressure, there's not much they can really do. Maybe if you saw him 6 or 12 months before, yes.

What's the problem with your back? Disc issue? Stenosis? Spurs? Arthritis? (I have them all) Have you had an MRI since X rays do not show soft tissue?
                    Just X-rays so far the doc said judging from the spacing on the disc he thinks all appeared even and he believed it was muscular pressure, personally I don't think it is I figured I would do a couple of rounds at the chiro and see if there was any relief if not I would go back for a MRI and make sure it wasn't a bulged disc. Searching and reading there is several things that can cause it so i was hoping the chiro did some good before I ended up under the knife.

Comment

It's not an over night cure. Try everything before going to surgery. I've had problems for years.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                        I'd try spinal decompression therapy...made a huge difference for me!
                        I was hoping the same would work on me, just judging from when I have the most pain is sitting or standing in one place, laying or being active the pain pretty much goes away. I'm an electrician in a refinery and all the twisting tugging, pulling wrenches, any physical work activities nothing bothers it but if I sit down or stand in one spot the pain starts.

Comment

Originally posted by pblaetz View Post
                          I've had it really bad for over a year now. Stretching helps a lot. Check out stretching for sciatic nerve pain on youtube. Has made a huge difference for me.

This one in particular has really helped me:

Quick Fix for Sciatica - YouTube
                          Stretching and activity helps me. When I get to sedentary is when mine really bothers me. Add some weight to my mid section and it's really aggravated. So diet and movement is my solution.

Hate long car rides, driving to Dallas, it and my lower back will be b!tching by weatherford!

Comment

I fought it for years with pills, injections and tried chiropractic. Ende up having a left lateral fusion in October of last year. It made me about 80% better
                            Attached Files

Comment

Two words ......inversion table.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X