Krivoman (or shell type) platform builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman (or shell type) platform builds

Got my steps built for the the platform. Hopefully will be making a trip before the end of the month.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I built mine 8x8. Sunk 9 eight foot 4x4’s. Braced across the middle.
      Treated 5/8” plywood. Drilled several 1/4” holes in floor and used screened soffit vents from the bottom to vent the stand. Faced the door to one corner (stairs) and moved stand as far as possible to the other end.

On my own property so I knew it was permanent. Used deck screws around the base. Painted the deck inside and out with exterior paint.
      Facing east with a big shade tree on the west.
      Very happy with the platform
      Got a metal stairwell from a TBH member for safe entry for kids and old people b

Comment

I'm looking to get a shell-type blind this year too. Built a 5' platform last year and put my DB pop up on it. Worked great. I'd like a permanent shell-type though for better weather resistance. It's crazy how much better a blind is just 4-5' off the ground. The deer had no idea I was in the world...
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I'm setting up 4 Krivoman blinds on Friday. I made all the cuts last night to take out to the ranch.

My bases will be 8x8 and will be elevated 4 feet off the ground. I'm elevating them with some blind elevators. I'll post pics of the finished platforms this weekend. With everything already cut and a framing nail gun this should be an easy job.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blind platforms.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	24535777

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
              With everything already cut and a framing nail gun this should be an easy job.

[ATTACH]904145[/ATTACH]

Oh man. Anytime I make a comment like that I can end up cussing myself later. For some reason there is always a major hiccup when I say it’s gonna be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                I'm setting up 4 Krivoman blinds on Friday. I made all the cuts last night to take out to the ranch.

My bases will be 8x8 and will be elevated 4 feet off the ground. I'm elevating them with some blind elevators. I'll post pics of the finished platforms this weekend. With everything already cut and a framing nail gun this should be an easy job.

[ATTACH]904145[/ATTACH]

I’m looking forward to seeing this as I am looking at adding one.

Comment

looks well thought out. Just need some plywood and maybe a couple concrete spacers in case it is un-even.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                    Oh man. Anytime I make a comment like that I can end up cussing myself later. For some reason there is always a major hiccup when I say it’s gonna be easy.
                    oh crap hope I didn't jinx myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                      looks well thought out. Just need some plywood and maybe a couple concrete spacers in case it is un-even.
                      I've got the plywood in the back of the truck ready to roll out there. Should be a nice setup once I get it put up. I'll post pics.

Comment

Here is the last 8x8 that I did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8818.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	24535845

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                            Looks good. I put stall mats down on top of the plywood on mine. Makes a lot of difference for noise. Not perfect but dang sure better than just the drum effect from the blind sitting on plywood when you accidentally drop something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I put stall mats in mine after I found out the windows tend to leak which was a nice surprise when I had mildewed carpet that had been steaming for a few weeks when I went to climb in it one day

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                              I put stall mats in mine after I found out the windows tend to leak which was a nice surprise when I had mildewed carpet that had been steaming for a few weeks when I went to climb in it one day

Yeah I’m betting that was rank.

No carpet at all in any of mine for that EXACT reason.

I’ve got a couple of new bases being built (got lazy and didn’t do anything myself this time). Looking at a new lease. Hope I decide to do it or I’m gonna have two bases sitting around with no place to set em up.

Comment

Looks good Throwing Darts! Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X