Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found my feeder blind combo!

I like doing DIY projects.

I have always wanted to put a blind on top of a feeder. I know that sounds absurd! But I have always wanted to be able to see 360 degrees and watch deer come right to me. I think I have found my base part or the feeder that can support my idea without costing a fortune. I found this 825 gallon tank/ feeder with a ladder already fabricated.

Bottom idea.
    Cut the bottom part off. Weld a plate to the bottom cone. Add a lower unit of some kind. Weld mess wire with a door on one side to the bottom legs for coon control.

Top idea.
    Cut the top off flush with the ladder platform. Weld braces with an 8 x 8 frame for a deck. Then put one of my hay ring blinds (pictured) or I might buy a krivoman blind and put it up there. Have a trap door inside the blind where the cut off piece was for fill-ups.

Its gonna be in three pieces. Ladder, blind and feeder. It will be a heavy sunofagun!

What do yall think? Crazy idea or what. Give me your ideas on fabrications!
    Attached Files

I think the idea is interesting, just not sure how well it would work for hunting........ but you might also be on to something. Who know. I say go for it!

Comment

Do it!!!

Comment

It will be different, but it will either work or it won’t. Go for it I always wondered how it would be hunting on a feeder.

Comment

You might ought a get a patent before you go asking, might revolutionize feeder hunters.

Comment

I just don't see it working. Would be almost impossible to beat their nose on a consistent basis with corn being slung 360 degrees around you.

Comment

I have a bucket feeder hanging from the same tree I hunt out of. I have pigs and deer under me all the time. The bucket feeder was 60 bucks and the ladder stand was 70. Took about 2 hours to setup.

Comment

That blind looks big enough to lay in for a nap after lunch!

Comment

I like Tolbert's idea of how to proceed. Perhaps you could add an extra story foes times you need a more elevated view., maybe a surplus sub conning tower from NAVY salvage. That would come with a few extra bells and whistles.

Comment

Someone thinks most really good ideas are stupid.

I stopped asking for others opinions long ago. Just build it!

Comment

Love the idea. I think it would be a PITA to fill through the blind though. May want to think about cutting a hole in the top of the tank next to the ladder and fabricating a lid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Someone thinks most really good ideas are stupid.

I stopped asking for others opinions long ago. Just build it!

D-MO- you need to write a book. Another classic line.

Comment

"Love the idea. I think it would be a PITA to fill through the blind though. May want to think about cutting a hole in the top of the tank next to the ladder and fabricating a lid for it."

I thought the same thing. Probably will do this

"You might ought a get a patent before you go asking, might revolutionize feeder hunters."

"I like Tolbert's idea of how to proceed. Perhaps you could add an extra story foes times you need a more elevated view., maybe a surplus sub conning tower from NAVY salvage. That would come with a few extra bells and whistles."

Both of you guys will be on the new companies advisory board!

"Someone thinks most really good ideas are stupid."

Thats funny there DMO!

Comment

I think it is a heck of an idea. Could have some issues with scent control, but so be it. Build it !!!!!!

Comment

Does Ozonics make an industrial unit?

Comment

Working...
                              X