No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last one; Another 4 yr old. Has just over 29" mass. Not sure how to score but who cares.Best guess is that we had 18 bucks over 160" .
    Attached Files

Comment

Impressive

Comment

Big sheds!

Comment

wow..............

Comment

really great management strategies, your hard work is definately paying off

Comment

great sheds

Comment

Great thread!

Comment

I chickened out! My original plan was to drill joint vetch and Alyce clover in to standing crimson clover thatch. At the last minute I decided to disc the clover under and cultipak. Then broadcast the seed with 4 wheeler and spreader I can control very accurately. Will cultipak again after spreading. Main reason is the vetch seed is very small and expensive. Was uncomfortable putting it in drill. I know this method works as I have used it before. The crimson has basically died out so it should reseed this winter which is what I want. Planting will take place later next week.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Awesome stuff! Following!

Comment

Im tunned in Rusty!!!! looks like a great place and awesome sheds!!!!

Comment

Did you say this was in Cenla, my homeland?? Whereabouts? Very impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by eyedude View Post
                          Did you say this was in Cenla, my homeland?? Whereabouts? Very impressive!
                          Pineville, Rigolette bayou

Comment

Spraying clover fields with Axial today. Axial is rye grass specific herbicide which for us works faster and more effective than Section. Left unaddressed over time the rye grass gets so thick it will start smothering clover. PLan to start planting tomorrow as it looks like the rains missed us today.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Planting Time!!! Got 1/2" rain yesterday, seed arrived and drill is loaded. Cow peas, soybeans, sunflowers,pearl millet, joint vetch, and Alyce clover going in to soil. Will take at least a week maybe more.
                              Attached Files

Comment

In the mean time the clover is doing fantastic. Thus no gaps in annual nutrition. Here is an 11 acre field planted in Durano clover. Hard to see but there is a row of fruit trees planted along one edge. About a dozen apple and pear trees of various varieties. There are clover fields scattered all over the farm.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X