Largest Black Bear Killed with Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Largest Black Bear Killed with Bow

Guy killed a 500lb Black bear in New Jersey with a bow. Don't know how to insert link to article. New Pope and Young Club record.
    Attached Files

Dang!!

Comment

Article says 700 lbs?

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-world-record/

Comment

Yikes,

That is a large BEAR my friends!!!!!

Comment

Dang, what a noggin !

Comment

I thought they banned Black bear hunting in New Jersey in 2018?

Big bear regardless

Edit: Looks like that was all state lands with the ban.

Comment

I am going to Alberta this spring for a bear hunt. I would probably get buck fever if that thing stepped out in front of me...

Comment

that is a unit right there. they taste like butt though dont they? never heard of anyne eating bear. Hope he mounts it

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                  that is a unit right there. they taste like butt though dont they? never heard of anyne eating bear. Hope he mounts it
                  Believe lots of folks eat bear. Black bear is bueno when fully cooked*

Comment

Crazy

Comment

I'm headed to Saskatchewan Canada this spring for a black bear hunt. Outfitter claims he kills a 500 pounder each spring. I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                        I'm headed to Saskatchewan Canada this spring for a black bear hunt. Outfitter claims he kills a 500 pounder each spring. I can't wait.
                        Thats a pretty lofty claim. I have been hunting spring Canadian Black Bears for quite a few years along w many friends and I have only seen one go over 500# on a certified scale. If they are killing bears that big I would like to know who the outfitter is so I can sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                          Nah, it's awesome. Just make sure it's cooked all the way. My cousin did a smoked ham off a bear, I was surprised how good it turned out.

That thing is a beast. Probably been eating out of bird feeders it's entire life LOL

Comment

Bigun

Comment

500lbs? Not sure I quite believe that claim but definitely is a big bear for sure. I would think a picture of the skull would be in the article the OP found it in as they are scored by skull size not weight.

That head is ridiculous on that tank of a bear.

Comment

Working...
                              X