Clear All

I just drew a second drawing for NWR
    Teniente. Thanks to whoever didn’t take
    The hunt. Hunted rifle there last year
    And got a Nilgia but didn’t see a lot of
    Deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All my 2nd draws are Not selected now. I'm glad they do it by computer now so you don't have to wait.
      Last edited by grizzman; 08-26-2018, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Just drew Aransas NWR- Archery Deer.

Comment

Drew my 2 nd this year. AD Government Canyon Dec 4-6.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mcattc View Post
            I just drew a second drawing for NWR
            Teniente. Thanks to whoever didn’t take
            The hunt. Hunted rifle there last year
            And got a Nilgia but didn’t see a lot of
            Deer

Right on. I drew 2nd drew Teniente also. 11/8-11/11. My lucky day I guess

Comment

Mine is for 12/6-12/9. Watch out for snakes for sure. I saw two big one in Feb. I could have shot at lest two Nilgai
              With a bow then so maybe I’ll get lucky this time. I drew three tags last year and now this. I had two points for one of them and just one for the other 2. I had 2 points for this tag so I must be living right

Comment

My group of 3 just drew matador rifle antlerless in the 2nd draw. Pretty amazing. I’ll be starting a new thread looking for info about it. One buddy that’s going quail hunted it last year, but none of us have hunted deer there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

5 years in a row....notta.🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Got drawn for anterless at south llano river SP.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      They definitely need to add an option to just buy a point.
                      I agree. I'm looking at surgery in the middle of fall and that is why I put in for hunts in late December and early 2019. Pretty much precludes GDE, Gun deer management, and gun mule deer applications for me this year. Would be nice just to buy points but I could just roll the dice and apply for the hard ones and see.

Comment

Got Archery Mule Deer at Black Gap, first time to be selected for something in the second draw. Haven't hunted Black Gap in 10 years, should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                          5 years in a row....notta.🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Wait unit you get to 17 years in a row and see how that feels

Comment

Still goose eggs over here. How many of y'all are already on established leases and harvest deer there every year? Why even put in for the draw hunts unless they're for a different animal? I won an antlerless hunt a few years ago at Steven F Austin SP. There was a guy that put in with his wife, and they both shot 2 (the limit) and were packin up to leave. As we were talking he mentioned that he manages some lease where he still had to go kill 5 deer. Seems greedy to me, but maybe I'm just jealous. I'm pretty sure that if I had a guaranteed place to harvest a deer, then I wouldn't be putting in for the draw hunts where that's some people's only option. Then again, maybe I'm just salty because I haven't drawn yet. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jmw View Post
                              Still goose eggs over here. How many of y'all are already on established leases and harvest deer there every year? Why even put in for the draw hunts unless they're for a different animal? I won an antlerless hunt a few years ago at Steven F Austin SP. There was a guy that put in with his wife, and they both shot 2 (the limit) and were packin up to leave. As we were talking he mentioned that he manages some lease where he still had to go kill 5 deer. Seems greedy to me, but maybe I'm just jealous. I'm pretty sure that if I had a guaranteed place to harvest a deer, then I wouldn't be putting in for the draw hunts where that's some people's only option. Then again, maybe I'm just salty because I haven't drawn yet. lol

Probably for the opportunity to hunt different areas and bigger deer. It’s more about the experience to some instead of just killing a deer. I have 111 acres of family property in Victoria where I know I can get a doe every year and put in for these hunts every year. Drew Matador last year and it was the most fun hunt I have ever been on and didn’t kill anything.

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                                Probably for the opportunity to hunt different areas and bigger deer. It’s more about the experience to some instead of just killing a deer. I have 111 acres of family property in Victoria where I know I can get a doe every year and put in for these hunts every year. Drew Matador last year and it was the most fun hunt I have ever been on and didn’t kill anything.
                                Yeah, I can understand that. Must be nice though to have your own place that you can fall back on if you don't get drawn though.

Comment

Working...
                                X