What is wrong with people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    We walk by a dozen recording cell phones going to murders. People will climb balconies to get pictures of dead people. Daily!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    People are weird. And apparently don't have any common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      Did ya'll see the story a couple months ago of the lady getting raped on the subway? People recorded it instead of trying to help her........
      I didn't hear about it but I'm not surprised. Especially if it happened in a big city.

Comment

I don't like it, but I think ridiculous lawsuits have something to do with it as well as the need for likes mentioned above. Let's say you were on the subway where the lady was attacked. You jump in and beat the brakes off of that dude and put him in the hospital. You're likely going to jail and/or getting sued by him or his family. Say you drag someone out of a wrecked vehicle. They have injuries you don't know about and you paralyze the person. Now you're sued again. People would rather stand back and have video of what happened, instead of run the risk of ruining their livelihood.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
          I don't like it, but I think ridiculous lawsuits have something to do with it as well as the need for likes mentioned above. Let's say you were on the subway where the lady was attacked. You jump in and beat the brakes off of that dude and put him in the hospital. You're likely going to jail and/or getting sued by him or his family. Say you drag someone out of a wrecked vehicle. They have injuries you don't know about and you paralyze the person. Now you're sued again. People would rather stand back and have video of what happened, instead of run the risk of ruining their livelihood.
          You are right on all accounts. But those people are from a different world. I’m sure that all that have read this thread and most TBHrs are gonna help or intervene regardless of consequences.

Comment

That may be but help can even mean comforting someone as much as possible until help arrives if they're injured. Common sense still applies in those situations. If the car is on fire and they can't get out,get them out. Being paralyzed is better than being burned to death. If you see someone viciously attacking someone who obviously can't defend themselves, defend them. Just make sure whoever you're defending them from isn't there to testify against you in court. If I'm gonna get sued or locked up I'm gonna make it count. That's better than just standing there watching an innocent person get worked over. That's just my personal opinion.

I know myself well enough to know that if I saw a person who was in a bad way and I didn't at least attempt to do something or try and comfort them the best I could and that person lost their life, it would haunt me for the rest of my life.

Recording whatever was going on wouldn't even cross my mind. I just couldn't do it. Just thinking about it would make me feel ashamed. I don't understand how anyone with a conscience wouldn't be. To me it's just disgusting.
            Last edited by okrattler; 11-18-2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Selfie Generation

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                You are right on all accounts. But those people are from a different world. I’m sure that all that have read this thread and most TBHrs are gonna help or intervene regardless of consequences.

I don’t even take pictures of all the hogs we shoot every year. I sure ain’t taking Twitter chat pictures.

My son is as redneck as you can find but he still posts the Twitter chat crap every morning when I’m taking him to school.

I’m not interested in what my wife does everyday. I dang sure don’t care what the tweet people are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  Did ya'll see the story a couple months ago of the lady getting raped on the subway? People recorded it instead of trying to help her........
                  That is what I was talking about. That is a sorry piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    That may be but help can even mean comforting someone as much as possible until help arrives if they're injured. Common sense still applies in those situations. If the car is on fire and they can't get out,get them out. Being paralyzed is better than being burned to death. If you see someone viciously attacking someone who obviously can't defend themselves, defend them. Just make sure whoever you're defending them from isn't there to testify against you in court. If I'm gonna get sued or locked up I'm gonna make it count. That's better than just standing there watching an innocent person get worked over. That's just my personal opinion.

I know myself well enough to know that if I saw a person who was in a bad way and I didn't at least attempt to do something or try and comfort them the best I could and that person lost their life, it would haunt me for the rest of my life.

Recording whatever was going on wouldn't even cross my mind. I just couldn't do it. Just thinking about it would make me feel ashamed. I don't understand how anyone with a conscience wouldn't be. To me it's just disgusting.
                    I completely agree.

I don't believe what I posted is the way it should be, or the way I think I would act in those situations. I was just trying to answer the question of what is wrong with people.

Comment

I completely agree.

I don't believe what I posted is the way it should be, or the way I think I would act in those situations. I was just trying to answer the question of what is wrong with people.
                      Oh I know you weren't implying that it's ok to do that.

Comment

Inconsiderate morons that choose to video instead of render aid should be treated like feral hogs. Shoot em in the earhole!!

Comment

Working...
                        X