Polaris Ranger must haves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris Ranger must haves

I've been kicking the idea around of getting a ranger in the next few months. I've kind of started looking and there are a bunch of different options out there and it can be a little overwhelming when trying to decide what to get and what not to. So I want to hear what everyone has to say about what they think they needed or should have gotten or needed to add after the fact.

This will be use for the basic filling feeders and getting where I can't currently get to in my truck. Some pavement driving and dirt road driving and of course off road.

I'm back and forth on the 900 or the 1000 but I have already decided on a single row seat with a roof and light bars. I would also like a winch for the just in case bog down.

So lets here it, what else should be a good add on?

Winch is awesome. I used mine I don’t know how many times to help me get a heavy wild hog in the bed or a big deer. It’s easy to do when you are hunting alone and get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I recently purchased a 2018 single cab 900. It wasn't worth the extra money for an additional 17 hp to me. I did:

- 3" lift
      - Sedona Rockabilly tires (more of a truck style tire)
      - Metal roof
      - Aftermarket reinforced bumper with winch
      - Front and rear light bars
      - Wetsounds bluetooth speaker bar

Comment

a good roof, and a windshield. Those are the only " have to haves " IMO. But a good lightbar is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
          I recently purchased a 2018 single cab 900. It wasn't worth the extra money for an additional 17 hp to me. I did:

- 3" lift
          - Sedona Rockabilly tires (more of a truck style tire)
          - Metal roof
          - Aftermarket reinforced bumper with winch
          - Front and rear light bars
          - Wetsounds bluetooth speaker bar
          I'm not too far from your area, what did that run out the door if you don't mind? I hadn't thought about the lift but I have thought about the rest of your list.

Comment

I did not like the plastic factory roofs so I had a friend take a piece of metal and bend the sides and weld gussets in the corners. I had it sprayed with bed liner and it’s perfect. I can stand on top of it to trim limbs or fill feeders also. Limbs and brush don’t faze it. Just something to think about. You could set a light bar under the edge of it for more protection too.
            Another thing I did was put some inexpensive rear view side mirrors on mine. Let’s me back up much easier while watching both sides.
            I also built a bumper from square tubing that pins in the hitch. I use it as a step to get in the bed as well as a bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
              I'm not too far from your area, what did that run out the door if you don't mind? I hadn't thought about the lift but I have thought about the rest of your list.
              I also bought a windshield....

I would have to look because I paid cash for the aftermarket stuff and did a short term finance on the bike. I want to say it was right at $17k when all was said and done. I bought from the Polaris dealer in Katy because they were about $2k less than Houston Motorsports. That much I do remember.

Comment

A Mule Pro FXT sticker

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                  A Mule Pro FXT sticker
                  Enormously helpful input!

I almost went the Mule route, but I have a certified Polaris shop in the front of my neighborhood.

Comment

I've been back and forth about the windshield as well

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                      I've been back and forth about the windshield as well
                      Do it. The one I went with takes literally 1 minute to remove. It's a must have!

Comment

Windshield and back window.
                        Those things are windtunnels for dust... if you plan on carrying rifles..
                        cases that cover the guns completely.

Good tires.

Maintenance/Service plan.

Comment

Following

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Metal roof and winch are my must haves. I've also noticed if a dealer isn't moving much on vehicle price, sometimes they have room on the add-ons. Got a dealer installed metal roof thrown in on my last Ranger purchase.

There are a ton of add-ons out there. Some are really cool. With that said, many don't add much to resale value and I've noticed that used bikes that sell the fastest are closer to stock.

Comment

At my age power steering is a must.

Comment

Working...
                              X