Welding cart inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding cart inspiration

I was inspired by the welding cart thread so here is my version. I am going to paint red also.

Yours is nice too. Gotta get around to doing this myself.

Comment

Nice! Have the same welder in the garage. How much better is it cooking with gas rather than flux core?

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
        Nice! Have the same welder in the garage. How much better is it cooking with gas rather than flux core?
        Once you go gas you will never look back. Welds are a lot cleaner.

Comment

I like it. Post up some pictures when you get it painted. I used a Tractor Supply spray paint called Majic in New Holland Red. It matched the Lincoln red pretty good. But it dries slow, at least 24 hours.

Comment

Question we've Always had big wire or stick machines. On the small ones why are the carts always angled on top.
            Bugs the crap out of me. Is it just so you can see the settings better?

By the way the build looks good! Angled or not lol

Comment

Much better only reason anyone should use flux core is if you have a suitcase style you use portable a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                Much better only reason anyone should use flux core is if you have a suitcase style you use portable a lot.
                I have access to a miller 252 at work. And a Miller 210 at my family's place in central Tx. The little Lincoln flux core is in the garage for small art projects coming off the CNC machine. It's worth not having to drive back out to work to weld Small jobs. Flux core is nice in the wind and keeps it extra portable. Not sure why you say the only reason. Other than some splatter to clean up. I would put the strength and beauty of a bead on 1/8 inch steel with flux core and that little rig up against a bead from the 252 difference is it takes twice as long to go the same distance.

Comment

And by some splatter I mean a lot. Wondering if the gas helps with that more than anything.

Comment

The only thing I don't like about gas is that if you have to work out in the open the slightest breeze really makes it tough.

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                        question we've always had big wire or stick machines. On the small ones why are the carts always angled on top.
                        bugs the crap out of me. Is it just so you can see the settings better?

By the way the build looks good! Angled or not lol
                        i was wondering the same thing

Comment

I think it's so you can access the controls better
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Yes it is so you can see the controls. I need to get started on a cart myself.

Comment

And by some splatter I mean a lot. Wondering if the gas helps with that more than anything.
                              Flux with gas makes much less splatter. Also a much smoother/prettier weld

Comment

Working...
                              X