Trump and Obstruction of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump and Obstruction of Justice

Today's statement from Comey preceding tomorrow's testimony strengthens the probability of a viable obstruction of justice case, due to Comey confirming Trump asked him to stop investigating Flynn.

What do you think the consequences will be for Trump?

I think this looks a lot like the reincarnation of the Nixon tapes, and his presidency might not weather this bombshell.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So far..ive seen three different "news" agencies exerpts..and they all have subjective context built around them (ie: 3 lines of exerpt surrounded by reporters prefix and suffix commentary).
    I'll wait to hear him say it out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      Today's statement from Comey preceding tomorrow's testimony strengthens the probability of a viable obstruction of justice case, due to Comey confirming Trump asked him to stop investigating Flynn.

What do you think the consequences will be for Trump?

I think this looks a lot like the reincarnation of the Nixon tapes, and his presidency might not weather this bombshell.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
      Think you might need to read all of what Comey had to say.

"While Comey is careful to note that he did not interpret the conversation as a request to abandon all investigations of Flynn, just the conversation that had just cost Flynn his job, and while Trump’s request would not amount to “obstruction of justice” under the law, it’s still highly improper conduct by the President of the United States to ask the FBI Director, who knows full well that the President can fire him, to lay off a friend and former aide to the President."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...source=twitter

But like Systemnt says, lets wait and see what the man has to say since pretty much every media source the one I quoted included are a bunch of self serving liars.
      Last edited by Ætheling; 06-07-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

He is in a no win situation if he believes the President tried to obstruct justice because he is required to report it to the justice department if he actually believed that and to my knowledge he did not.

Comment

Its one thing to say hey you should stop then, another to say Stop this, and finally I order you to stop this! Comey is a flipping goofy wishy washy b@st@rd from New York. None of these traits I hold in high regard.

Comment

I don't think what we got so far is going to hurt the potus...I'm afraid it will be another dog & pony show that will make the news repetitive & boring the next few days.

I think ISIS hitting Iran is a much bigger & interesting story of the day, but all I got is assumptions of what is going to happen with the ex fbi (who should have been fired a long time ago) Unless something really loco happens, my gut tells me it will be mostly yawns for masses.

Most are not concerned enough...if the whole Comey & Hilary unsecured / private server deal diluted away, then this has to.

Comment

Trump did nothing wrong or Comey would've said so when it happened, as he required by law to do. If he now says Trump DID do what the lying media is implying, then Comey will get in more trouble than Trump.

Comment

No, there is no obstruction of justice
                Trump will not ( no matter how the media and dems want to portray it) be found to have attempted to obstruct justice
                And, since the Bill clinton investigations there really Are no consequences for obstruction of justice ( for the top players in gov. )

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                  He is in a no win situation if he believes the President tried to obstruct justice because he is required to report it to the justice department if he actually believed that and to my knowledge he did not.
                  yep, and if he didn't report it, his azz is in a sling also.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                    Your right it's a no win but Comey did ask AG Session for help & didn't want be left alone with Trump which was inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                      Your right it's a no win but Comey did ask AG Session for help & didn't want be left alone with Trump which was inappropriate.

Stranger Danger! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Whosure View Post
                        Its one thing to say hey you should stop then, another to say Stop this, and finally I order you to stop this! Comey is a flipping goofy wishy washy b@st@rd from New York. None of these traits I hold in high regard.
                        LMAO........that is what everybody said about folks from New York until Trump came along!
                        Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        ...if the whole Comey & Hilary unsecured / private server deal diluted away, then this has to.
                        Maybe Trump will get back on the LOCK HER UP campaign if this turns out bad for him. Now that would be awesomeness!!!
                        Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        Stranger Danger! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I chuckled out loud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whosure View Post
                          Comey is a flipping goofy wishy washy b@st@rd from New York.
                          As is Trump and 90% of the people he nominates to his cabinet.
                          Anything else you have to add?

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post

If a woman (your sister, aunt, good friend) tells you to not leave her alone with a particular guy how would you interpret her request?

What kind of character would you ASSume the guy to have?

The volumes we speak...

Comment

i wanna hear what loretta lynch was told by bill clinton. who technically is higher up that comey. are you kidding me? politicians have these conversations all the time. they outted the outsider. such bs.

and he said the same thing about clinton "i dont want to hurt them, they're good people". I think it was an ill advised statement. obstruction. Hilary is obstruction.

Comment

Working...
                              X