Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was behind the assassination of JFK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think George H. W. Bush knows who did it

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      I saw a new theory the other day. Oswald was shooting from the book depository and hit Kennedy. When the Secret Service heard the shots an agent pulled out his M16 and had an accidental discharge which hit Kennedy in the back of the head.
      http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/ac...un-f2D11634276

I just saw the date. It's not new, but I just saw it a month ago.
      The article says AR-15, not M-16. Colt bought the AR-15 rights from Armalite in 1959.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        The article says AR-15, not M-16. Colt bought the AR-15 rights from Armalite in 1959.
        https://www.britannica.com/technology/M16-rifle

In the doc i saw they called it a M16 so thats what I put.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
          What makes you say that? I've got my own theories but they both have Lee as the sole shooter.
          He is known to have had a lot of contacts that were no friends of the US.
          Ruby killed him with a hundred law men with in arms reach, you only do that if your willing to sacrifice yourself to make sure secrets are kept.
          I dont think Lee had the mental capability to pull it off on his own.

Comment

I went down the conspiracy-theory wormhole over 30 years ago. A shelf in my house groans with the weight of books I read about it. Every time a new one came out I gobbled it right up. It took a long time but I eventually came full circle and now believe that Oswald acted alone. I also gave up arguing about it years ago. I finally realized that very few - if any - of the people in the "KACT community" have followed the evidence wherever it leads. All start with the unshakeable belief that there was a conspiracy of one kind or another then only consider evidence that supports their theory. Arguing with them is like trying to talk a fervent believer out of their religious faith - believing does something for them that goes beyond reason. My favorite of the KACT debunking books is Gerald Posner's "Case Closed". It is a very detailed, well researched and footnoted book (it is also very long) Of course the cottage industry that is KACT felt threatened by it so here came a slew of books to debunk the debunkers book. It will never end, and few minds will be changed. What may look like organized cover-ups was mostly law enforcement bungling, buck-passing and incompetence (in Dallas and at the Federal level) I understand it is hard to accept that one angry loon could take out the most powerful man in the world but throughout history, sometimes weird and unlikely things happen. And sometimes coincidences are just that - coincidences.

Comment

H.W. Bush was there to oversee the killing so I'd say the CIA is behind it. I've seen first hand the killing Bush can be responsible for.

He will burn in Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I went down the conspiracy-theory wormhole over 30 years ago. A shelf in my house groans with the weight of books I read about it. Every time a new one came out I gobbled it right up. It took a long time but I eventually came full circle and now believe that Oswald acted alone. I also gave up arguing about it years ago. I finally realized that very few - if any - of the people in the "KACT community" have followed the evidence wherever it leads. All start with the unshakeable belief that there was a conspiracy of one kind or another then only consider evidence that supports their theory. Arguing with them is like trying to talk a fervent believer out of their religious faith - believing does something for them that goes beyond reason. My favorite of the KACT debunking books is Gerald Posner's "Case Closed". It is a very detailed, well researched and footnoted book (it is also very long) Of course the cottage industry that is KACT felt threatened by it so here came a slew of books to debunk the debunkers book. It will never end, and few minds will be changed. What may look like organized cover-ups was mostly law enforcement bungling, buck-passing and incompetence (in Dallas and at the Federal level) I understand it is hard to accept that one angry loon could take out the most powerful man in the world but throughout history, sometimes weird and unlikely things happen. And sometimes coincidences are just that - coincidences.
                I was listening to a podcast by Dan Carlin and I believe he referenced that exact same author. He said what bothers people so much about the lack of a conspiracy is that people don't like the idea that one nobody can have such a profound impact on the world. That, even if the forces are nefarious, the human mind prefers to believe that at least someone is in control. Which I think plays into what you said with people having an almost religious devotion to their favored conspiracy theory.

That being said I'm not completely sold on the as-the-offical-story-goes theory, but certainly can't discount it outright. What are your thoughts on Oswald being a rogue KGB agent, or at least a radicalized soviet asset that they lost control of?

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                  I've seen first hand the killing Bush can be responsible for.
                  Care to elaborate?

Comment

H.W. Bush was there to oversee the killing so I'd say the CIA is behind it. I've seen first hand the killing Bush can be responsible for.

He will burn in Hell.

[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He will burn in Hell.
                      Say what?

Comment

This is how the Clinton crime family got their start

Comment

That being said I'm not completely sold on the as-the-offical-story-goes theory, but certainly can't discount it outright. What are your thoughts on Oswald being a rogue KGB agent, or at least a radicalized soviet asset that they lost control of?
                          All the evidence I've seen (some of it from files published after the Soviet Union collapsed) show that after LHO had been in Russia a while they had him pegged as as being too unstable to be a reliable asset. Who knows? Some of the conspiracy theories are quite compelling but in my opinion (which counts for exactly nothing) the most likely scenario is the most simple one - a lone gunman stumbled and fumbled his way to being in the right place at the right time and pulled it off.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            All the evidence I've seen (some of it from files published after the Soviet Union collapsed) show that after LHO had been in Russia a while they had him pegged as as being too unstable to be a reliable asset. Who knows? Some of the conspiracy theories are quite compelling but in my opinion (which counts for exactly nothing) the most likely scenario is the most simple one - a lone gunman stumbled and fumbled his way to being in the right place at the right time and pulled it off.
                            I guess the end result is the same, Kennedy is dead. The hard part of deciphering LHO's motives is that he was probably insane, and trying to pick out the thought process of a madman entangles truth with fiction. I think Occam's Razor tends to agree with you, my only lingering questions have been about LHO's associations.

What book/source material did the Soviet intelligence on LHO come from, if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

What book/source material did the Soviet intelligence on LHO come from, if you dont mind me asking?
                              I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

I've shot a few things in the head and not one time did the contents travel back the way the bullet came from. I just don't see a lone gunman.

Comment

Working...
                                X