Abbott calls special session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbott calls special session

Well, the legislature couldn't get their crap together, so boss called for overtime.

This ought to be interesting. Can Strauss and Patrick work together? Can the right give up some pet causes to solve problems? Can the left?

I'd love to see them forget the bathroom BS and do legitimate work on school finance and property taxes, personally. Constitutional carry didn't make the list either, so we'll have to settle for a lower CCL fee and carry bigger knives.

I'd love to see them put an actual conservative in as Speaker of the House. Straus has an R after his name, but he is a big government establishment liberal. It don't understand why he is in charge in the Texas House. I don't hold out a lot of hope for true progress on all those issues as long as Straus is in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
      i'd love to see them put an actual conservative in as speaker of the house. Straus has an r after his name, but he is a big government establishment liberal. It don't understand why he is in charge in the texas house. I don't hold out a lot of hope for true progress on all those issues as long as straus is in the way.
      ^^^this!!!^^^

Comment

I still can't believe that moron Dan Patrick is luetenant governor. What a screwball. He and Strauss both need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          I'd love to see them put an actual conservative in as Speaker of the House. Straus has an R after his name, but he is a big government establishment liberal. It don't understand why he is in charge in the Texas House. I don't hold out a lot of hope for true progress on all those issues as long as Straus is in the way.
          Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I still can't believe that moron Dan Patrick is luetenant governor. What a screwball. He and Strauss both need to go.
          ^^^^this and ^^^^this.

Im glad he called the session. Maybe, just maybe something will come of it.

Comment

I would have loved to have seen him call back up the first responder concealed carry bill. The one for volunteers passed, but not the bill for all first responders. Had some good steam at first but died out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guy is a moron & probably will run for Governor too

Comment

Yep. Patrick seems to want to pick all the stupid fights, and Strauss is 100% Rino. Both of them playing games this session set back a whole lot of good bills. Hopefully their shenanigans will be remembered come time to vote.

Comment

Working...
                X