Asking for it so bad it's stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for it so bad it's stupid

At my sons graduation Saturday 1000's of people lined up outside waiting to go through metal detectors because the event place wants to appear safe. Only 2 entrances they had open to get in.

I didn't think a whole lot about it except how stupid it was. Then they had everyone exit out ONE exit so they could meet the grads at the flagpoles which were right outside the east exit. Wow, what a cluster!

Literally 1,000's packed like sardines between two parking lots the exit and a road. Took what felt like forever to push through to get out as we had planned to meet everyone at a certain spot away from flagpoles.

It was like 1,000's of sitting ducks with zero protection like those concrete barriers or poles. But don't worry they wasted hours of everyone's time checking for guns on the way in

Must have been heb center . Went through the same thing for my twins graduation from RRHS . Did not make a lot of sense the way they poured everyone out one set of doors .

Comment

anytime there are choke points at security checkpoints there is a risk. i always think about this while flying. there are tons of ppl standing in line to check in that are a very easy target. im not sure how to remedy the situation though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

What should they have done differently? What plan would you put in place if you were in charge of crowd control?

Comment

Those events always seem like a bottle neck on getting in or out
          Lots of hurry and wait
          RiverRat1 congratulations to your son on graduating

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            What should they have done differently? What plan would you put in place if you were in charge of crowd control?
            Well the place has doors all the way around. Maybe let people out of more than 5% of the doors? Not that hard. They actually had employees standing in front of all the doors so everyone had to go out the one end.

And coming in was lines because they only let people in at two entrances. But my main point is "we" are so scared we screen and do things that make us easier targets.

Keep in mind no guns allowed in this place so no one could have stopped jack.

I guess it makes the snowflakes sleep better at night

Comment

I made the exact observation at my daughter's graduation on Saturday.....of course we all know the Garland PD will stop ANY attempt by those attempting to undermine our right to assemble. There we plenty of officers around the facility and some armed very well. I never felt unsafe but did not care for the single exit for the entire crowd. I will say the exit was smooth and easy....if people would just move past the door to stop and visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

Maybe you aren't familiar with the venue. It is virtually encircled with doors. To funnel thousands to one or two doors is tactical suicide. They could have also released the people in blocks to reduce the log jam even with all doors open. If you saw the layout, you'd see what we mean.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                  I made the exact observation at my daughter's graduation on Saturday.....of course we all know the Garland PD will stop ANY attempt by those attempting to undermine our right to assemble. There we plenty of officers around the facility and some armed very well. I never felt unsafe but did not care for the single exit for the entire crowd. I will say the exit was smooth and easy....if people would just move past the door to stop and visit.
                  This was the problem. They told everyone to meet their graduate "at the flagpoles". All flagpoles are right outside the only exit they had open. It was madness. I felt like a trapped sardine. I wouldn't have been able to run or anything if I needed/wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                  X