No announcement yet.

Ferguson, MO Settles Lawsuit With Brown's Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is a legit lawsuit I would be able to find a lawyer who could win. Their lawyer wouldn't want to take the case and would scream settle because they would lose. Again, it would have to be a legit suit.

Comment

Samuel Dubose's civil suit settled for way more than 1 mil. And the University agreed to give all thirteen of his children, from eleven different women, a free ride to college.

Can we place bets now on how many of those rides get taken?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        Samuel Dubose's civil suit settled for way more than 1 mil. And the University agreed to give all thirteen of his children, from eleven different women, a free ride to college.

Can we place bets now on how many of those rides get taken?
        They are free rides so I bet some go. Now I will place bets on how much they learn.

Watch them sue when they don't pass LOL

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
          lawyers are to blame imo. theyll probably take half of that 1.3 mil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

A 1/3 fee is most common and usually is contingent on winning so that's why most settle. If they let the lawyer have half that's their own dumbass fault.

Comment

As long as lawyers are the ones making the laws this crap will never stop.
            They are just taking care of their own.

Comment

They will be broke and evicted in no time. Unless they have another thug to "support" them.

Comment

Walmart has (or, at least, had) a "no settlement" policy. Everything went to court. Most cases never made it there. If we went to a 'Loser Pays' system in these phishing expeditions, the number of frivolous suits would plummet. Lawyers love settlements.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                  Walmart has (or, at least, had) a "no settlement" policy. Everything went to court. Most cases never made it there. If we went to a 'Loser Pays' system in these phishing expeditions, the number of frivolous suits would plummet. Lawyers love settlements.
                  everyone should have a 'no settlement' policy as it would stop a lot of this crap.
                  of course lawyers love settlements; not much legwork involved for the pay out.
                  only one thing they like more and that is class action lawsuits.

Comment

Most lawyers get 1/3 plus any advances and legal expenses. Id bet those idiots done used up there 2/3s. Lawyers gettin it all.
                    Idiot city council here in Austin paid the parents of a killed thug a settlement then the thugs long lost chittlins came forward with a different sleazy lawyer and the city paid them also. Even paid a long lost kid that had never met the thug daddy that the family didnt know. Didnt even make this long lost kid a dna test so who knows if it was his real kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X