Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the pro's / con's of PR becoming a state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    I guess you've never looked at an election map.
    Supposedly The Latinos Catholic background wouldhave them leaning more conservative as they are against abortion.

At least that was a GOP talking point pre-2012

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      Supposedly The Latinos Catholic background wouldhave them leaning more conservative as they are against abortion.

Obviously your supposedly is incorrect.

Comment

I'm not sure what history you have read but everything I have witnessed and studied says they vote 85% liberal wacko. Yes, their Catholic faith and supposed strong family ties SHOULD cause them to dive into the conservative pond but alas, this is not the case. I suppose gubmint table scraps trump protecting unborn babies, family values and righteous living. Oh, yeah...no pun intended.

Comment

If the population of PR were predominantly conservative voters, the lefty's in the US would be holding protests against granting statehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Obviously your supposedly is incorrect.
            Yup...The Rio Grande Valley is vastly & prominently Catholic & they don't give a hoot about it. The call themselves 'La Maquina' or the voting Machine & have been running blue with hard left representation without representation. Pro life & pro gun area, but none of that matters when you have gluttons for entitlements. Values mean nothing.

Comment

I sure hope PR doesn't become a state because they bring nothing posotive to the table.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                If the population of PR were predominantly conservative voters, the lefty's in the US would be holding protests against granting statehood.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                  I sure hope PR doesn't become a state because they bring nothing posotive to the table.

True. And nothing positive, either.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    True. And nothing positive, either.
                    Lol

Comment

I don't think PR statehood is a great idea. On the other hand, if PR can hold a popular referendum and successfully gain statehood, it seems more reasonable that Texas could hold a popular referendum and successfully give up statehood in favor of independence. If the door opens, it should open both ways, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                        Lol

Just yankin' yur chain!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                          I don't think PR statehood is a great idea. On the other hand, if PR can hold a popular referendum and successfully gain statehood, it seems more reasonable that Texas could hold a popular referendum and successfully give up statehood in favor of independence. If the door opens, it should open both ways, IMO.
                          Good point. If that becomes the case then I'm all for it!

Comment

The Democratic party here in the US and left leaning politics across the globe have a strong foothold in the Catholic church.

Comment

Con-They are bankrupt and we would take on that debt too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X