No announcement yet.

What is the main job of our government?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provide for the common defense. Everything else has been a power grab by greedy politicians at the Federal level from the states over the last 241 years.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
      Provide for the common defense. Everything else has been a power grab by greedy politicians at the Federal level from the states over the last 241 years.
      This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        My definition is what political philosophers would refer to as "Classic Liberalism". That is the idea that our liberties pre-exist the state, (from God or natural law) and the only legitimate role of the state is to protect those liberties. Period.
        And this right here.

Comment

To protect our enumerated rights as set forth in the constitution.

Comment

Schoolhouse Rock!!!!!
            Schoolhouse Rock! video, "The Preamble" to the Constitution. First released in 1975. Featuring music and lyrics by Lynn Ahrens. Have you memorized the Prea...

No More, No Less!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
              Protect the citizens of the us and their territories.
              ^^^ this ^^^, well this is what they used to think was their job.
              now they think they have to be your big brother/granny.

Comment

My definition is what political philosophers would refer to as "Classic Liberalism". That is the idea that our liberties pre-exist the state, (from God or natural law) and the only legitimate role of the state is to protect those liberties. Period.
                Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                Yes, sirs.

Comment

Right now its only job is to feed the monster it has become!

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                    To protect our enumerated rights as set forth in the constitution.
                    These two philosophies unfortunately do not mesh. We must remember, rights are not given or granted by any document. The Constitution ( and its attending amendments ) grant nothing. It is merely a list that the founders ( barely ) agreed were in need of stating specifically. It was never intended to be a complete list, and it was argued ( correctly in my opinion ) by some that enumerating them may inadvertently lead some to believe just that.

Comment

jerp for the win. and fix roads.

Comment

I'd say this just about covers it:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Comment

With the exception of Reagan, and Trump
                          Turn this country into a bunch of liberal , atheist , p u s s I e s

Comment

Originally posted by El Forajido View Post
                            "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson
                            Amen Brother!

Comment

Working...
                            X