Sniper record breaking shot in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper record breaking shot in Iraq

New world record confirmed sniper kill? For whatever reason, it surprises me that it was made by a Canadian. Man, a 2 mile confirmed kill is nuts!

Sources say the sniper killed an Islamic State insurgent from a distance of 3,540 metres in a feat one a military insider says may ‘never be equalled’

****, that is a hell of a shot

Comment

Well it's a Canadian so........

That is insane though

Comment

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

Roughly equivalent to about 31.5 football fields (end zones included). My first thought was "I wonder how much oomph that round still had on it after > 2 miles". My second thought and answer was "enough". Thank God it was one of the good guys - eh?

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Why does it surprise you that it was a canadian? they have three of the top 5 longest confirmed kills out there. That's some fancy trigger work to touch someone at that distance. I wonder what round was involved here. Normally the Canadians shoot the Amax but there are some really cool new rounds out. That exacto round is a game changer too.

Comment

All I can say WOW!!!!

Comment

Is this new or the one from a few years ago?

Comment

I say give him more bullets!

Comment

Did he say "Sorry" after it hit?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      New world record confirmed sniper kill? For whatever reason, it surprises me that it was made by a Canadian. Man, a 2 mile confirmed kill is nuts!

https://tiny.iavian.net/hi33
                      Not surprising at all, Canadian snipers have several of the longest confirmed kills in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                        Why does it surprise you that it was a canadian? they have three of the top 5 longest confirmed kills out there. That's some fancy trigger work to touch someone at that distance. I wonder what round was involved here. Normally the Canadians shoot the Amax but there are some really cool new rounds out. That exacto round is a game changer too.
                        Well he was shooting a TAC-50 so a .50 caliber BMG round. Hell of a shot!

Comment

Another one for the good guys. Keep sending that heavy lead down range fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                            My thought was What kinda optics was in the rifle?
                            That's a looong ways off.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Think about the fear this must put into the enemy to know there is literally nowhere they can be safe outdoors within two miles of an Allied sniper. You'd think they would just give up, but I guess when you look forward to your 72 virgins, they don't fear death.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X