Harris bipod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harris bipod question

I've been using a Harris S series bipod the last two years or so on my Rem 700 .270. When I get it steady it works extremely well. The trouble I'm having is the rubber feet on it rotate. When I try to load it with some slight forward pressure the feet rotate around and the whole setup move forward. I know this is a really popular and proven bipod but man that's frustrating and I feel like I can't put any forward pressure against the rifle and when I shoot the rifle bounces up off the bench or ground or whatever shooting surface I'm on. Watching impact, not happening with this jump. Yes, the 270 kicks like mule but I want to resist against it and control it better but the dang bipod moves fwd when I do that.. Green screen have any suggestions or similar issues?

At our lease we recently set up a 100, 360 and 550 yd range with paper targets and steel.

Better rubber feet on the legs?

Comment

Harris bipod question

Slide feet off, put in rtv and reassemble? Best idea I have.

McMaster-Carr may stock different rubber feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

http://www.eurooptic.com/001-HH-Hawk...20group%20%231

http://www.hawkhillcustom.com/store/...or_Harris.html

Comment

If you are shooting prone buy a shooting mat that has a provision for bipod stop. Basically extra line of material to push against. I shoot with Atlas and all the feet turn rubber, spike or claw. Some benches give a little challange but I dont get a hop. Make sure you are on the gun correctly with proper weld and the butt is not to far towards armpit.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same problem with mine. I installed the hawkhill customs that CB linked to... Problem solved. Granted, still not as good as an atlas, but helped out the issue I was having.

Comment

Thanks guys.. great answers and suggestions! I certainly appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
              X