Grizzly Delisting.......BAM!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Duhhh... ALL animals have Federal protection in National Parks... If they didn't, I'd be in that line to go hunt elk in RMNP!!
    The sad part is that me and you know that but there are some folks that think it's gonna be open season. You just can't talk talk sense into emotionally driven internet warriors.

Comment

When wolves were delisted, Montana started issuing resident tags for $15, non resident $50 I believe.

The griz leave Yellowstone and live in the Madison Range to the west. 3 people were mauled by griz in Madison County last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
        I got into a "discussion" with one of them on Facebook.
        I offered known facts and links to known facts supporting my argument that sport hunting helps game animals. She offered profanity. Lots and lots of profanity. And personal attacks.
        She got a little stirred up.
        That's all they have. They cannot win the argument with facts, because they have none. Most of them are concrete walkers who have never had an interaction with a truly wild animal. Their " knowledge " comes from cable tv and orgs like PETA. They truly would starve to death in mere weeks if the trucks stopped coming to the grocery stores. But, to be clear, I do not feel sorry for them.

Comment

Seems like good news. On a side note, Oscar thanks for bringing this info and other such to us.

Comment

Side note: SCI has been part of the wolf delisting in the WEST and also in Michigan since the beginning. Large budget is focused on those travesties.
            I got into a "discussion" with one of them on Facebook.
            I offered known facts and links to known facts supporting my argument that sport hunting helps game animals. She offered profanity. Lots and lots of profanity. And personal attacks.
            She got a little stirred up.
            Thank you for using the volumes of FACTS in your debate with that woman. It really makes a difference.
            Originally posted by NotJose View Post
            Seems like good news. On a side note, Oscar thanks for bringing this info and other such to us.

No problem sir. We are gaining ground. With Zinke heading the Department of Interior and now a suitable person sitting in the USFWS seat our future is looking brighter by the day.

Comment

Thank you for using the volumes of FACTS in your debate with that woman. It really makes a difference
              Did you see it?
              I actually linked an article that DSC posted on the second day of our interaction. The one about the German guy donating thousands of animals to repopulate a war torn area.

Comment

Someone will sue and prolong it until it gets rejected and back to square 1. That's what's happen the last time or two it's came up.

Sad but that's what we are up against

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  That's all they have. They cannot win the argument with facts, because they have none. Most of them are concrete walkers who have never had an interaction with a truly wild animal. Their " knowledge " comes from cable tv and orgs like PETA. They truly would starve to death in mere weeks if the trucks stopped coming to the grocery stores. But, to be clear, I do not feel sorry for them.
                  Funny you say that. Her FB post showed what I believe (and asserted same) were out of sequence photos to support a claim that a hunter (Terry Denmon of Mojo, btw) had crept up on a sleeping elephant and shot it before it could get up.
                  I said the elephant was wild living in wild conditions and they (a group of 3- 4) wouldn't have been able to do that. I said it's not a zoo animal or a Disney special.

Comment

In all my bear encounters I've never considered them to be an endangered species. I was 100% sure the endangered species was me.

I'd sure like to hunt Grizz in the lower 48.

"New Bear Blind, Steel Cage With Shooting Ports.

SITC is short for Spam In The Can. Expect a 90% success rate from the SITC blinds for hunters as we will endeavor to obtain the Bear's 10% success rate with anti-hunters. Peta and Fund for the Animal members will have their very own model with special pricing and materials. Its called the Treadwel model made with balsa wood. (pat. pending)

With baiting bans the Hunter now takes the place of the bait. Upside to this new blind concept is any bear that smells a human and runs away will live to pass on this trait leaving only the humanized bear for the Trophy Rooms greatly reducing the number of bear attacks in the future.

We have checked with Wildlife Depts. and have gotten very favorable approval with one Dept even allowing Twinkies in the built-in snack/wet bar model. This has met with great success but a good many trophy bear still remain elusive. So we included a cook stove model to the line and this is working very well with the older bears.

With customer satisfaction surveys pouring in we have found a few problems, service updates:

When using the SITC bear proof steel reinforced ground blind do not use it on the side of a hill before updating your blind with the new anchor system. The blind is square but will still role down hill when a bear pushes it over. Our sincere apologies to Sam but after a 300ft almost straight down hill role the stand still looks new!

We have also had to update the door latch as the bears have learned to reach in and open the door latch. Please use the safety-loc pin enclosed in this update. With the Treadwel model the safety-loc pins are not needed as this has not shown to be an issue with that model.

When hunting Polar Bear do not place SITC bear proof steel reinforced ground blind next to deep water or on the ice pack next to a hole or crack in the ice. We have found they do not float without proper flotation. Please update you blind with the flotation guidelines enclosed in this update if you are hunting on or near the ice pack. Our deepest apologies to Roland and yes the deep rover can be used to recover SITC bear proof reinforced steel ground blinds from depths greater than 1200ft and congratulations to Roland on his new free-diving record.

We are still having problems with the Patten office, seems we may have infringed on a Patten held by Hooters. Years back I picked up one of their old discarded job applications at a garage sale. Its a small piece of plywood that has two nicely shaped and well endowed holes cut into the plywood, real easy way to check for "trophies". We used this same principal in our shooting ports. If the Bear's head doesn't fit into the shooting port he will make the book. This takes the ground shrinkage out for trophy hunters. We have one side made for each Bear species, Black, Brown, Kodiak, & Polar.

On our Calif model the top has shooting ports cut for trophy Mountain Lion and we have cyclist silhouettes that hang on the side. For park raised bear we have the auto silhouettes with hands reaching out filled with fake donuts,(this have proven to work very well near Yellowstone).

Hooters doesn't have a problem with the SITC Bear Blind but the Patten office still wants to know why we are hunting Owls using balsa wood blinds, and P&Y is asking questions about fair chase.

We explained to the Patent Office that this was a Bear blind not an Owl blind and the balsa wood model is for our all naturalist customers. (pat still pending)

P&Y was informed that it was very much fair chase/chance because the younger bears could fit their heads through the shooting ports and this is where some bears could be able to gain their 10% success rate. "
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thump...that pic is insane.

Magnificent creatures!!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Someone will sue and prolong it until it gets rejected and back to square 1. That's what's happen the last time or two it's came up.

Sad but that's what we are up against
                        That is being seriously addressed by quite a few of the conservation groups with staff on "K Street" with this legislative group of ding-dongs!
                        Did you see it?
                        I actually linked an article that DSC posted on the second day of our interaction. The one about the German guy donating thousands of animals to repopulate a war torn area.
                        I did not see it but I can imagine that the way you handled it was superior!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Thump...that pic is insane.

Magnificent creatures!!
                          Yes it is!!! They are far from pets or docile!!!

Comment

Violation of Native American religious beliefs.

“He is our relative. For us Bear Clan members, he is our uncle,” Ben Nuvamsa, a former chairman of the Hopi Tribe in Arizona, said Wednesday. “If that bear is removed, that does impact our ceremonies in that there would not be a being, a religious icon that we would know and recognize.”

Comment

I don't care to hunt them but I would like it if I weren't subjected to murder charges if I shoot one while doing other outdoor activities.

Comment

You're not. You call the Warden and tell him the griz was coming in hard towards you, and showing teeth. Then you shot.

It's Montana- it's illegal now to shoot a horse thief, but legal to shoot somebody working your mining claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X