The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    Picked up another bottle of eagle rare today and they said their truck should be in on Thursday.
    I found a secret stash of ER yesterday. Need to swing by and add one more for the bunker.

Comment

FYI Total Wine has the 1.75 of Makers on sale for $ 39.99 limit two per day...

Comment

Would someone please fill me in, I must have missed the memo. When and why did Eagle Rare become so hard to find? It is great bourbon but why the sudden scarcity?

Comment

Picked up another bottle of eagle rare today and they said their truck should be in on Thursday for the Weller 12. Now I'm on the hunt for Stagg and Elmer T Lee... I know, I know but I like to dream

As a side note
          Anyone want to do a bottle trade?
          Whar are you looking for hooligan? Stagg Jr or the real stagg?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
            Had in my hand the other day walking around specs. Just couldn't pull the trigger on it. It's sourced, and I couldn't do it.

What does sourced mean?

Comment

Originally posted by jmhartt View Post
              Would someone please fill me in, I must have missed the memo. When and why did Eagle Rare become so hard to find? It is great bourbon but why the sudden scarcity?
              That is a question I have yet to get an answer. Around 18 months ago around my parts, it just stopped showing up on shelves. It's reached Blanton's type hype around here. As soon as it comes in, it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhartt View Post
                Sazzerac (buffalo trace) has made it one of their allocation lines limiting what stores get it. Luckily the price has still stayed at $30

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
                  What does sourced mean?

Somebody else distills it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
                    What does sourced mean?
                    It means some one else up north makes the whiskey or bourbon, then slap a different label on it depending on where it's going. Most sourced bourbon is made in Indiana. Take Rebecca Creek, for example they take wonderful aged bourbon from Kentucky then dump in about 21-32% (it's on the label) neutral grain spirits (vodka) and call it "Texas Whiskey". Or even 1835, cool label but made in Indiana.
                    Last edited by .270; 06-27-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post
                      Whar are you looking for hooligan? Stagg Jr or the real stagg?

Ideally real Stagg but wouldn't turn down Jr probably

Comment

Ideally real Stagg but wouldn't turn down Jr probably
                        I can't help you with the Stagg and it is highly unlikely you find it this time a year but I have several Jr.s I might let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post
                          I can't help you with the Stagg and it is highly unlikely you find it this time a year but I have several Jr.s I might let go.

Anything in particular you're looking for?

Comment

Anything in particular you're looking for?
                            Haha yeah but it's not equal to Stagg Jr.

Comment

This camping life is rough. With soooo many choices
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PBFrijoles View Post
                                Thanks there's a few on that list I need to try. For a while id buy a bottle of something new to sip and a bottle to mix when I went to specs. Gotten out of the habit maybe 6-9 months ago and I think I only have 3 bottles in my cabinet at this time.id like at least 10. Have a buddy that enjoys it as well I need to line up a blind taste test

Comment

Working...
                                X