Overnight Kayak Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight Kayak Trip

Ron and I decided it was time for a little over night Trip. We headed to the Brazos Saturday morning ready for a relaxing time. We carry entirely too much stuff.

But it all fit.

The water level was pretty low so we had to do some walking below the Falls but quickly made our way about seven miles downstream. We saw all kinds of wildlife Saturday.

Must have seen 10,000 Ducks on the way down.

Two Hogs swimming across the River. No, we didn't chase them, they were too far away. :mrgreen:

A little eight point buck that had swam across the river.

We made our way down to the sandbar we planned on staying at, set up camp and got to relaxing. We built a nice fire and had our Salty Dog fixings as always.

As the night cooled off the fire got bigger.

Couple of pics of the sandbar we stayed on.

Smallest YellowCat I have ever caught.

Nothing like a breakfast cooked on a fire.

Ended up catching a couple of nice Channel Cats and a pretty big BlueCat.

View headed back upstream.

The Nortwinds performed very well. We paddled seven miles upstream in about 2.5 hours against a pretty strong current at times. The boats were loaded heavy but performance was exceptional. Can't wait to do it again because we found a spot that is holding some good fish just did not have time to fish on the return trip.

Very cool, looks like a good time.

Comment

Great Times!!!

Comment

That looks awesome!

Comment

Looks like alot of fun!

Comment

Great pics , glad you had a good time

I think that front pig is either walking on bottom or layin on a float and they may both be
            Don't think they are doing much swimming to get across

Comment

Fun times!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Great pics , glad you had a good time

I think that front pig is either walking on bottom or layin on a float and they may both be
                Don't think they are doing much swimming to get across
                You are right, but look at the pic above that one at how wide the river is. They swam a long way, but were almost across before Icould dig my camera out.

Comment

Looks like a great time.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

We always have a blast .
                      This was a test run for the North Winds yaks , it would be the first time we really loaded them
                      and saw how they handled the varied conditions on the Brazos.
                      Loaded and ready to start

These boats have more cargo space ,wow , the front deck had very little in it.
                      Off we went ,the boats didnt even know they had a load .
                      We drifted fish and just enjoyed the ducks ,wildlife and a fish now and then . Weather was cool but one nice surprise the wind was light ,so it was an awesome day. Got to our location and set up camp ,built a fire put a couple rods out. It was 5 oclock some where so we broke out the salty dogs in our red solo cups :lol: .
                      I think my buddy is relaxed and soaking it in.

Darrel and I had not had any lunch so it was time to start the groceries ,

and it gets better

and better

full bellies , a warm fire good friend and another good drink was as good as it gets.

The river was falling so the fishing was slow ,but we caught a few. my problem was all I could catch was these.

Dang they fight , but Darrel was the catfish man this weekend.

After a breakfast on the bar we slowly started breaking camp.
                      Loaded and ready to head upstream

We were 7 miles down river and the North winds were awesome , we came up the river in just a hair over 2 hours , these are the dang est boats I have ever paddled .
                      This trip was a blast
                      Ron

I did miss the photo chance of the trip, I straddle my boat and then drop into my seat , well I am a little longer legged than Darell , I heard him holler I am stuck , :lol: I looked and he was straddle of his boat but was on a muddy bottom and couldnt get his feet loose from the bottom ,I grabbed for my camera but was laughing so hard I missed the shot.

Comment

Man that looks like a great trip and great time . The yaks look great also . Yall know how to do it for sure

Comment

What a great trip! Looks like a total blast.

J.P.

Comment

That's awesome! Nothing like doing some real overnight camping!

Comment

Looks to me like yall need to forget fishing and take some duck decoys next trip. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X