Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

6.5 creedmoor reloaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 creedmoor reloaders

Whats yalls favorite loads? My buddy bought the dies and is gonna reload for me. Ive got some hornady 120gr superformance amax and 129gr sst factory loads. Will be used for hunting deer, pigs, coyotes. Rifle is a savage 16 trophy hunter with 22" barrel with 1:8 twist. Ive been lookin at midway for bullets. Really like the reviews on the barnes tsx 130gr and nosler partition 140gr.

Thx in advance

42.5 H4350 behind a 140 Amax or Berger. Or 45 grains behind a 123 Amax. I shot the 130 Bergers also but didnt like their performance on game.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
      42.5 H4350 behind a 140 Amax or Berger. Or 45 grains behind a 123 Amax. I shot the 130 Bergers also but didnt like their performance on game.

How did amax do on game?

Comment

No complaints full penetration on deer from 250 to 560 yards. Short bloodtrails on big pigs the largest i shot was about 275. The 123 grain seemed to hold together better but it may have been a fluke i only shot about 4 animals with each bullet.For the cost and performance they are good bullets, i also shot and won a few matches with them.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
          How did amax do on game?

Comment

140 amax in front of H4350 is the way to go

My brothers first shot through the gun today at 100 yards. Heck with the bulls eye, we shoot at the thumb tacks

Comment

If you think it's a fluke....my 13 yo daughters first shots with this rifle

Comment

32 grains of imr8208xbr with a 140 grain berger VDL target. Federal 210 primers.

Comment

I like the 140 grain ballistic tips for hunting better

Exit

With same powder charge.

Happy Shooter!

Comment

I think the fluke was the better penetration with the 123 amax than the 140, but i didnt test it out enough to see. Unfortunately someone offered me too much so im working on another build now

Comment

130 grain Accubond

Comment

Thx guys

Comment

Pretty much tells you it all works, load some H4350 or Imr 8208 or even H4841 behind a bullet and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                            Pretty much tells you it all works, load some H4350 or Imr 8208 or even H4841 behind a bullet and enjoy.
                            What he said...

Comment

Thx. Anymore?

Comment

Working...
                              X