$4.00 climbing sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$4.00 climbing sticks

These turned out pretty good. A heck of alot cheaper than you can buy them.Click image for larger version

Name:	20141110_071553.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	25036700

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141110_071612.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	25036701

Good job!

Comment

Great job. I also make my climbing sticks, but never built the short rails. Nice.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice work...I'll be stealing that idea.

Comment

Pretty slick, gonna be stealing that design too.

Comment

Very cool.

I think with the way it is pictured, the sticks could slip. Why not add a chain link to the middle rung on both sides of the box iron for the tie down straps to hook onto? It would keep it from slipping.

Comment

any idea how heavy one is?

Comment

Nice job. To keep the steps from possibly sliding down, you could just hook the strap together right underneath that middle step. I've been thinking about building some, so this is definitely food for thought.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Not sure about the weight not too bad though. As far as slipping or sliding these things lock up tight and you can't even wiggle them once they lock in. I built a dozen Saturday and hung a stand Sunday using them and couldn't be happier with how they work. For the cost you can't beat them...

Comment

What size square tube is that. Thickness

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Its 1 1/2 and its the same thickness as perlin don't rember the the gauge. The tubing is 32" long the steps are 12" and the stand offs are 8". The rebar is 1/2".

Comment

Originally posted by TopNoc View Post
                              Nice job. To keep the steps from possibly sliding down, you could just hook the strap together right underneath that middle step. I've been thinking about building some, so this is definitely food for thought.
                              He has a link of chain weldedicated where the straps connect, so it won't slip. This is how the commercially made ones are as well

Comment

Working...
                              X