Bone broth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone broth?

I've been reading up on weight loss for men over 40. That being said, lots of the information and articles I've read suggest increasing the consumption of bone broth.
    I have a question, what exactly is bone broth? I've never heard of this until lately. I need to lose a new pounds and get back into shape. I've had a career/lifestyle change and am in the process of getting back into shape and losing a few pounds.
    Working 14-16 hours a day doesn't leave a whole lot of time to exercise,work out or go the gym. However, it does mean I am needing to adjust my diet and make some healthy lifestyle changes.
    Any information on bone broth and/or healthy weight loss tips is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the cabbage soup diet. Decrease caloric intake and increase excercise or do like me and except weight gain with age

Comment

Your work schedule is pretty tough. Easy stuff to do would be eliminate any sugary drinks if you do soda or juice or anything like that. Stick with water and increase your water intake to around 1oz per lb of body weight. Try to do structured intervals of time for your meals and increase the overall number of meals you’re doing. Try to prep your meals in advance. People tend to make the worst dietary choices when they have to figure out what to eat on the fly. Lastly, given your work schedule this may be difficult but increase the amount of sleep you get. Get 7-8 hours of quality rest per night if you can do it.

Comment

I make my own bone broth. I will drink a cup every few hours while fasting.

Comment

I’d look into the Keto diet along with Intermitent Fasting. I used to be a gym rat and haven’t been going as much in the last few years and put on a lot more weight than I should have and definitely had settled in to the “Dad bod”. So instead of making exercise my main goal, I made it to get my diet right first. After all, it really is 80% diet and 20% exercise to become healthy and lose weight. I started with cutting out all sodas, candy/dessert, and breads as much as possible and drank water all day. Then started eating much smaller portions of clean food and taking my lunch on the road with me in Snack ziplocks so portion was easier. I then started intermitent fasting a day or two a week for 18-24+ hours along with some Keto diet (high fats and protein and low carb) and the weight has been shedding off. Lost right at 40# since January and feel great. Trying to get back in gym more now but I found “mind over matter” (willpower over bad food urges) helped me the most and I know now I can enjoy good food like Keto stuff and also fast for a day if I need to get back in check. Good luck whichever route you take. Just takes setting a goal and sticking to it. The TBH Big loser contest helped me stay committed too.

Comment

That intermittent fasting is good stuff. My business partner got ripped doing that and he somehow eats a mountain of meat and butter everyday. One of the guys that works for me is also on intermittent and he’s like half the man he used to be after only a year or so, without any exercise except walking.

Comment

The bone broth by itself won't help much, as said you need to use it in conjunction with a low carb diet, but bone broth does have a lot of nutrients that does a body good.

Comment

Thanks for all the helpful information. I'm going to give it a try to see what works best. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                X