Mule Deer Hunt in Dryden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mule Deer Hunt in Dryden

I was lucky to have the opportunity to get invited for a mule deer hunt a Steve Forest ranch in Dryden, Tx. The place is a 27,000 acre high fence ranch. We were just shooting Mule deer does & Whitetail does. I was able to shoot my first mule deer, but I enjoyed the scenery & the wide variety of animals. I really didn't get to see all the different types of deer, gazelle, or antelope that was at the ranch, but I was able to get some pictures of some great animals & views.

Love that area! We hunt 8 miles north of Dryden. Nice pictures

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
      Love that area! We hunt 8 miles north of Dryden. Nice pictures
      Much to my surprise, I really like it also. It is just way to far from home!!!

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
        Much to my surprise, I really like it also. It is just way to far from home!!!

Yeah, the drive sucks. I usually go for 5-6 days at a time.

Comment

Lot of animals

Comment

We own property between Dryden and Sanderson and I always love going out there for the views. Unfortunately our place is mule deer only, in the 10 years or so we've owned the place we've never seen a single whitetail. The 5 hour drive is not fun and the deer are so scarce that we haven't even hunted out there the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
              We own property between Dryden and Sanderson and I always love going out there for the views. Unfortunately our place is mule deer only, in the 10 years or so we've owned the place we've never seen a single whitetail. The 5 hour drive is not fun and the deer are so scarce that we haven't even hunted out there the last 3 years.
              Bummer. We are lucky, my buddy's place has whitetail and Mule deer. Love it there.....except for the drive

Comment

Nice pictures

Comment

I have done some hunting around Dryden myself, beautiful country in its own way.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                      I also have a place between Dryden and Sanderson. We see one whitetail for every 30 mule deer we see. Just when I think there are no more out there one will show up. Have not seen a Javalina in many years though. We are about 3-4 miles south of 90 past the "new" Bended Knee Ranch camp site.
                      I live my whole life for the three weeks I live out there.

Comment

Awesome pictures

Comment

cool pics, great scenery

Comment

Excellent detail, what camera were you using?

Comment

Nikon D80 with a Tamron 70-210 2.8

Comment

Working...
                              X