Sold!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold!!

Just opened my new D300, put on my old 80-200 2.8 AF lens, popped a card in the slot, rolled the ISO up to 3200, focused and snapped my shot.

My living room table with only over head ceiling fan light, distance 5'. Lens set at 2.8, 200mm hand held and get this....... MY SHUTTER WAS 100th of a second!!!! I am so sold. I have been trying in vain to figure out how to get a inside set up so I did not have to shoot a flash or tripod/monopod. I am sold.

Don, I did it! I told you I would figure out how to take inside pictures without a flash! It only cost me a bazillion dollars.

Now I need to read the 3" thick user manual to figure out how to really use the camera.

3200ISO, 100th shutter on 2.8 on a non-vr lens.

Wow, Danny! Looks like money well spent. The noise is not bad at all - much less than I'd expect for 3200. Looks about like 800 on my XTi.

Can't wait to see what you can do with her after you read the owner's manual.

Comment

Looks kind of blurry to me. Hi Danny! Had the pleasure of holding T.C.'s D300 this past weekend, that is one fine machine. Congrats on the new gear.

Comment

There is some noise, but after I set the GPS and automatic coffee maker setting I am sure it will be even more minimal. Seriously, there is more reading than I can do in 2 months in that manual.

Comment

nice. I take it the picture was shot in fine JPG. I believe you will get even less noise with a RAW file at least that is what I have been told with my Sony. Hey and about the cost, you cant take it with you. Might as well enjoy it if you can.

Comment

With the ISO at 3200... I'm very impressed!

Comment

best camera on the market IMO...

Comment

if you want a great wide angle lens for that camera, look at the Tokina 11-16 2.8...

the above link is a great review on this lens. you can only get the lens on ebay. the lens will not be in US until June. the ebay lenses are from Japan.

Comment

Working...
                X