Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled the trigger... new body and lens on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the trigger... new body and lens on the way!

Went ahead and bought a new 40D today and my own Canon 100-400 L IS. Lens should be here Friday and the 40D should be here Monday. Should get the lens in time for our big cat refuge trip this weekend. This is the first new equipment I've bought (usually get used stuff) but with the rebates it wasnt much more to get new.

I will probably be selling my 10D with modified kit 18-55 lens, Canon 70-300mm IS (might keep it as its light weight and sharper than any other copies I have used) and a Canon EF 2x Extender MKI. Also will be selling a Digital Rebel body with all accessories (minus the kit lens) for a friend of mine. Both of these would be great starter kits for someone. I will get them up in the classifieds once the new equipment comes in and I am satisfied with the quality.

How do you spell lens envy?

Comment

Nice. I've always enjoyed your pictures throughout the years. Looking forward many more.

Comment

40 and some L glass -- sounds like my kind of party!

Congrats on the new purchases!

Comment

Those rebates are great. Everything on my B and H wish list went down in price.

Comment

Congratulations Kevin - Excellent!

Comment

Sweet! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                How do you spell lens envy?

Lensvy?

Comment

Congrats. I'll be waiting to see the results!

Comment

Thanks guys! I am excited! Last thing I need is a ultra-wide angle and I am set for a while. I was really wanting to punish my bank account and go for a 300mm 2.8 IS but I am now going the Casey route and will rent some large glass come deer season (since I really won't use it all that much anyway, the 300 2.8 is big and heavy)

Comment

Sweet. Congratulations

Comment

Nice stuff coming! I, too, will be looking forward to your photos!
                        Lesto!!

Comment

the canon 40d is awesome. i'm tring to decide that and a nikon d300...

Comment

Working...
                          X