Bow String type and length question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow String type and length question

About to order a 45# LH Samick Sage and was wondering what kind of string I should put on it. Also, what length of string?

Arrow questions coming next. HA!

I appreciate it!!

I bought that same bow a couple months ago and the first advice I got was to get a decent string. Ol' Man is a stringmaker so last week I sent a PM and asked him to make me one out of whatever material he thought would be best. I don't have it yet but I'm looking forward to the upgrade. Price was very reasonable too!

Comment

As stated above, PM Ol Man and he will fix you up.

Bisch

Comment

Bow length AMO - 4" for your string lengthon recurve. I'm making 8,10,12 strand D-97 strings. They seem to be holding up well. I have MeanGene as head of R&D and between the 2 of us we have put alot of shots through them.

Comment

Pm Ol Man

Comment

I PM'd Ol Man. Thanks, everyone!

Now I'm about to do a search on arrows, weights, etc. Learning curve about to get pretty steep considering I've only shot compounds.

Comment

when you get the bow have it scaled at your draw length. ive heard rumors of the sage limbs not drawing what they say do. i have 40# limbs on mine and i had no problem with this, but its been mentioned more than once so its worth double checking. as far as arrows go a 500 spined arrow's fly nice out of them. like previously mentioned a good flemish string is almost a must (the string that comes with it is junk) if im not mistaken im shooting a 16 strand b50 string 59" (the length im sure about). another thing i did was put a small strip of suede between the string and string groove which got rid of the twang that the bow still had after setting brace, and putting on silencers. this is a good bow for the money and i am sure you will be pleased with it.

Comment

samiel it should be a 58" string and yes the .500 spined arrow with about 200 to 250gr. up front work really well

Comment

the dacron string that came with the bow was 59". i went off of that measurement when i replaced the string on mine.

Comment

You should get your measurement on your string after you have your BH set and bow tuned. The actual length is what you want. To many twist is not good , a good string will be the correct length with the minimum amount of twist. This will give you the ability to twist string to maintain brace height without twisting to much. On a fast flight rated bow #55 or less ,you don't need more than 12 strand of FF material. B50 is a weaker material and alot more spongy, requiring more starnds.

Comment

Working...
                    X