removing inserts question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing inserts question.

Im trying to pull the inserts out of my arrows to re-allign my BH with my fletching. is there a trick to this? Special tool or magic potion? I tried with some needle-nose plyers and it seamed to damage the insert so i figured i would ask you guys.

Thanks for your time

Aaron

Heat.....they are installed with two part epoxy more likely than not.

Put a trash head in there and heat up the insert area. Once it starts to move, turn the head to the postion you want.

Personally, I just fletch my arrows to my broad heads....

Comment

If they are glued into carbon it would be easier to refletch if you have a jig, if the arrows are aluminum then heat them some and pull them out with a vise grip on a field point.
      Why do you need to line them all up?

Comment

They are glued into carbon. I read on another thread that if the blades on the BH are not lined up with the fletching it could cause your shot to be off a little. My feild tips are dead on and my BH are hitting a little off. After reading "Boweriks" thread im now thinking it may need a full tune. But thought i could just start with the allignment.

thanks

Comment

I just use a tool for instalin or removing inserts. Looks kind of like a screw driver only it's threaded so that you can screw it into the insert. I heats it up and the heat trans fer to the insert, then just pull it out.

On another note you do not need to line up fletches with broadheads for them to fly correctly, if your bow is tuned. Old wives tale.

Comment

They may come out of the carbon, but you might ruin some in the process. There are many things that will effect the flight of a BH, I try to do the cheap and free fixes first. The thing that some folks forget is that 4 bladed BH will not line up with fletchings.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
              I just use a tool for instalin or removing inserts. Looks kind of like a screw driver only it's threaded so that you can screw it into the insert. I heats it up and the heat trans fer to the insert, then just pull it out.

On another note you do not need to line up fletches with broadheads for them to fly correctly, if your bow is tuned. Old wives tale.
              x2 Don't have to do this

Unless you are just **** about stuff like I am. I go to a hardware store and buy some teflon washers about the same size of your BH. Throw them on there and tighten the head until it lines up with your vanes. You can also use small O-rings.

Comment

Thanks Spud.

Comment

Put a field point in and heat it to pull the insert.

Comment

I think Spud has this one figure out. The next best is just refletch like sugguested above if the right glue was used on a carbon it should be almost impossible to have them come out. Good luck.

Comment

Don't do this, not nessariy. Trying to align you 3 blade with your three fletches, what if you shoot 4 blade or 2 blade. There will be no difference in the shot, so long as the bh is centered. Align the bh with the shaft not the fletch.

Comment

I use a hot glue gun for my inserts. If I need to adjust them I just stick the tip of the glue gun in the insert to heat it a little and it loosens it right up.

Comment

Working...
                        X