This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who can help after Harvey...

Ok guys, there is a post in the “Harvey Forum” asking for people needing help/assistance to ask for the help. See link below.

I’m making this thread and asking that if you are able to assist with your labor/tools etc. please contact me or post your contact information on this thread. So far there have been a number of people asking for help with demo ranging from families with only a couple of inches of water in their house to 5-6’ or water. TBH’ers from young families (one with twins on the way!) to some of our older generation that physically cannot do the work that a younger man could do anymore.

I will do my very best to get you in touch with the TBH’ers that need help with cleanup/demo.

If we could get a couple of groups of 3-4 guys at one person’s house helping, that could make quick work on the demo side.

I would greatly ask that the admins leave this post in the “Around the Campfire” section and not move this to the “Harvey Forum” because I really think more people will see it here. Any if it would be possible to make it a Sticky?

Any tools that you might have to help with would be beneficial. Keep in mind some places have electricity and some don’t.
    Some things that might be useful:
    Generators & fuel
    Power tools: (electric and/or battery powered)
    drills, saws, extension cords, 5 gal buckets to haul out sand, wheel barrows, shovels of all shapes and sizes, gloves, work boots and long pants, fans (box fans simply to keep the house circulated with fresh air), air movers if you have them. And the list could go on for days.

*Don’t forget to bring water and food for yourself while you are helping*

I’m asking if you are able to help with demo (moving wet furniture out of homes, bringing construction tools in so that wet drywall can be cut out, shoveling sand out of homes, general clean up) to please post on here. Some people are already able to get back into their house and are starting today and some still have standing water. Please post or PM your contact information and that we can get you to the person that needs some help.

Thanks TBH, you all are remarkable people!

pm sent

Comment

I will be available to help next weekend and will be in touch later next week. I am sure there will still be a need of some sort.. Even if just help moving things or hauling... I have truck

Comment

Anyone available to help tomorrow or this weekend?

I'll be headed down from Tyler on Sunday morning with 4 other people to help clean out and do flood cuts on one members home in Kingwood.

I know there are quite a few other people that could some helping hands tomorrow and Saturday.

Comment

My experience is fans and a really good razor knife w extra blades.

Comment

I am here. Working half days on Sat and Sunday. Available to assist with labor and 4X4 truck after that . Not afraid to get dirty. Staying near IAH.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              My experience is fans and a really good razor knife w extra blades.

This and small handsaws to cut the Sheetrock. Crow bars and hammers for baseboards.

Comment

Cypress area I can help demo, cut drywall, etc tomorrow afternoon through the weekend. My wife has the proper supplies for doing flood disinfecting laundry and can help with that. Daughter will be here this weekend helping too.
                Had to go to the office and need to put a few hours in there tomorrow but I'll be back to flood recovery after that.

Chris Portalatin
                2eightone-two1three-46threethree

Comment

I'd like to donate a deer hunt. If some one wants to buy a hunt on my ranch they can make the check out to the TBH fund when it gets set up. I'll have to see if the mods will allow this.

Comment

I can help with demo on mobday let me know!!

Comment

Thanks for the all the offers guys!!

Right now I have contact information of 3 TBH families in the Port A/Groves/Nederland area that could use some help with clean up/demo/flood cuts.

Anyone headed to that area this weekend to help out?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Thanks for helping coordinate this Brandon! I made it a sticky.

I helped a somewhat local family yesterday. Some items that come in handy:

Hammer
                          12-15" nail bar
                          Sawsall (cordless)
                          Fans
                          gloves
                          water
                          Aleve!
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

If anyone in the Humble area is available to help with clean up please text (903-436-0243) me today or PM me. I've got another TBH member that could use a hand with clean up. I'll pass along his contact info to you. Thanks TBH!!

Comment

Kingwood, TX - this morning on the radio this guy called in saying he has a cabinet business in the area. He said he had all the equipment including generators needed to help he just is needing more volunteers. It would be a good opportunity for anyone to help. He didn't even name his business he is just helping. He said he would coordinate everything for you to help. He has many streets of people that need clean outs.

281-827-6767 said to text him
                              Tim - Kingwood area

Comment

Working...
                              X