Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dogs on a deer lease chasing deer. Shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
    Not to get into too many details but hypothetically there are two rottweiler looking dogs, wearing collars, that are running deer off the feeder. This hypothetical feeder is located on private property that is fenced. Temptation has been to put an arrow into one or both of them and eliminate the issue but there is concern that the smell of the dogs blood would taint the area for quite a while. Hypothetically of course.

Thoughts? Options other than shooting?
    Richard
    I would hypothetically shoot both of them the next time you see 'em no questions asked. Done

Comment

Lol the internet bad arses crack me up. Bet a dollar if it came down to it you wouldn't do a dang thing but go post about what you would've and should've done on the internet

Comment

I just walked outside and kicked my dog. Anyone have an issue with that?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161005-091011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	24465321

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
            [ATTACH]817195[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
            that meme never gets old

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
              I was in a ladder stand last year and had a nice 10 pt. headed my way. He came across a big bottom from about 400 yards like he was on a string.

When he was about 80 yards away a young heifer came running from behind me and chased that buck for about 150 yards.

Guess I should have shot him for ruining my hunt.

I run my pack of beagles on public land and have yet to have a problem. They all wear shock and gps collars. I make every effort to not interrupt the deer hunters. I only run mid-day, during the week. My pack thinks deer are electrified.

I can guarantee, if someone shoots one of my dogs, I'm going to hit them where it hurts. Their wallet.

Comment

Pellet gun with BB's in it. Shot to the rear end. Done and done. Dogs live.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  I had a little brain fart there didn't I? I was on my fifth whiskey when I typed that.

Comment

To each his own, I know there are a lot of dog lovers out there. I love dogs myself, but I enjoy deer hunting more. If a stray dog comes around chasing deer and other animals I'm gonna put him to sleep.

If he has a collar I'm gonna go knock on doors and figure out where he is coming from and kindly ask them to keep him on their property. I can't see myself killing a collared dog. It just isn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                      If my dog was out chasing deer or livestock I would expect someone to shoot him, I wouldn't want that to happen but it's the unwritten law of the land IMO
                      Yep

Comment

These threads ALWAYS go south and get ugly..
                        The subject is to sensitive.

If talking politics is frowned upon on this site then every "dog shooting" thread should be deleted immediately....

I've read this whole thread and some of these posts are very disturbing..... Some even mention the killing of humans..
                        It's ridiculous...

Comment

I don't even like killing the coons that have eaten nearly 200 lbs of corn, much less a collared dog but some people it doesn't phase. What did Kevin Costner say in Open Range? "I got no problem with killing, Boss. Never have."

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            I don't even like killing the coons that have eaten nearly 200 lbs of corn, much less a collared dog but some people it doesn't phase. What did Kevin Costner say in Open Range? "I got no problem with killing, Boss. Never have."
                            Yea I'm getting a little soft in my older age.. I can't kill those coons either..
                            Now COYOTES and HOGs?? Now That's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              Yea I'm getting a little soft in my older age.. I can't kill those coons either..
                              Now COYOTES and HOGs?? Now That's a different story.

So your picking and choosing who gets to live now?

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                                I value my dogs life over many peoples. My dogs have never stolen anything. They've never raped anyone. They've never molested a child. Etc. I think it's funny. Someone's truck gets broken into and it's kill all thieves. But so many are perfectly fine smoking someone's pet. Give me a ****ing break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My dog has never either, but I don't for a moment value a animals life over a persons. You should seek mental help if you'd truly kill a person over a animal. You have serious issues and I think you are honestly full of crap.

If your animal is loose and out of control and it happens to get shot you should blame that on yourself for letting your animal get loose. Your animal should not be another persons problem.

I don't condone killing collared dogs either.

Comment

Working...
                                X