Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck lake prodject

Hey guys

I'm trying to figure a rough est. of what it's going to cost to clear 2.5ac of brush and trees in the 3"-5" size and about what the time frame est would be. has anybody be clearing land in Leon Co. also does anyone know where i can get crushed concert in that area as well? I've got a few projects i'm working on.

back to the pond I will have a live creek next to the area that i will use for flooding when needed. i also will be building a 2ft berm around the area. i plain on leveling the lake with a grade to one corner with a Flashboard Risers gate. does anyone know that cost of one of these?

Do you guy prefer a certain orientation of a duck pond?

My plain is a double usage ducks in the fall/winter and crawfish in the spring

Look forward to hearing you guys input.

Thanks
    Attached Files

my brother has a small construction. co. in wortham, this would be right up his alley. his name is Kyle Sessions 903-390-4850 give him a call he can help you out

Comment

Clearing should take about a day. Building that levy should take two or three days.

Do yourself a favor and leave a few trees in there on the east and west side so you have a place to hide or a place to build a blind.

The flashboard risers are expensive. We just use 4" PVC pipe on an elbow. Don't cement the elbow and you can tilt the pipe to get the desired height, or pull it completely to drain during the spring summer early fall to let the trees you leave dry out and the crops you plant grow.

Good luck with the project. Be careful, they are addicting and pretty soon you'll need more than one.

Comment

If those are oaks I'd consider leaving most of the trees just put landing/hunting areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
          If those are oaks I'd consider leaving most of the trees just put landing/hunting areas.
          There might be a couple oaks in there but it is mostly trash trees i'm not even sure of their name. They are long and skinny with gray bark. it doesn't have a true bark more like a skin.

Comment

Working...
          X