223 vs 7.62x39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
    Just out of curiosity, have you considered the 527 in 6.5 grendel? It beats both 5.56 and 7.62x39 as a hunting round in my opinion, and you’re only giving up just under a 1/2# in weight vs the carbine.
    I owned one.... http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ght=Cz+527+6.5

It was an awesome little gun

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      I owned one.... http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ght=Cz+527+6.5

It was an awesome little gun
      Very nice. I just wish you could get the grendel in LH

Comment

Howdy,
        The old RF has (3) 7.62X39 AR's made by Bear Creek Arsenal. There's pig blasing and reveiws of those rifles on the Ranch Fairy Channel - You Tube.
        Anyway
        I hemmed and hawed around when I decided to buy them....but what tipped me over? Outfitters. You see a ton of night vision guys and pig outfitters shooting...guess what? .30 Caliber. I shoot 90% Tul ammo because its easily available at Academy. But all 3 guns are zeroed with 123 Grain Hornady SST, in case someone deer hunts with it. That bullet at that speed (moderate) is pure expansion magic. 90% head shots on pigs, so ammo doesn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          7.62x39 if you're throwing hogs into the mix. I've shot hogs in the body with a .223 and it didn't even slow them down.

I've got a .223 contender that's probably killed as many pigs as any gun in Texas...…….

Comment

Well, I didn't end up with either. I ended up getting the CZ 557 in 243.

Comment

7.62x39. There is no replacement for displacement. Now don’t get me wrong I have shot plenty of hogs with my 223/5.56 AR. BUT ALL we head shots. Body shots didn’t bother them. But the x39 with 123 gr sst’s are nasty little round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txag View Post
                well, i didn't end up with either. I ended up getting the cz 557 in 243.

[ATTACH]912587[/ATTACH]

Comment

Good looking rifle.

Comment

Working...
                  X