No announcement yet.

Florida school shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, did anyone see the Snapchat video from a student inside?? Seriously?? These kids were more worried about getting it out on social media than protecting themselves. Huge huge problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
      Also, did anyone see the Snapchat video from a student inside?? Seriously?? These kids were more worried about getting it out on social media than protecting themselves. Huge huge problem.
      They should have been barricading doors and preparing to fight. But they won’t do that unless they are trained to do so. It’s up to the school district to prepare these students to live against these POS who choose to harm them.

Comment

Missed that he was 19. Many others haven't been however. And CnB is right. At some point the political climate will be such that changes will come.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Fox News reports that Cruz was a member of "resistance groups" on Facebook, according to reporter Trace Gallagher.
          “He’s also following resistance groups, like Syrian Resistance groups and fighter groups out of Iraq and, we should also note that a couple days ago, as far as a week ago, that he was involved in a Youtube chat room conversation about bombs or building bombs,”

hmmmmmmm

Comment

Even when all the signs are there like this one, how do you stop it? If a kid shows all the signs do you arrest him? On what charge? Do you have him tailed? For how long and what LE agency? Sounds like this guy sent up all the red flags yet still here we are.

I don't think gun control or ar bans can honestly change anything. Anyone could do the same damage with a 9 or 45

I agree that schools need more security or secure methods. We had armed police in my school back in the 80s and my kids have armed security at their high school now, but it sounds like this Florida school had 1 as well. So how many armed security? What kind of security measures?

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              Agree 110%. We, as gun owners, are going to have to start standing up. Rather than fighting opposition, we need to be implementing solutions.

ISDs cc friendly, armed guard at entrances, etc. Make an example out of the next scum that tries this crap. Start turning their heads into canoes, and the next will think twice.

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals
              Unfortunately, the only real solution the opposition (anti's) are interested in is confiscation.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                Interesting, I saw a mom and her daughter interviewed and thought the same thing about the daughter. Honestly, I felt guilty for judging that young woman in that situation, but what I saw bothered me in her reaction.

We are a violent society. We glorify violence in so many ways. I’m 55 yrs old and the levels of violence (real and make believe) that our kids are exposed to are off the charts compared to 40-50 yrs ago. At some point doesn’t it have to have an effect, maybe? I just don’t know about “us” anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It certainly isn't helping matters. I'm about your age and I agree, the levels of and access to gratuitous violence in any form of media (back then) was hard to find. It has become so common and readily view-able, and down right participatory now it's produced a numbing effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                  Even when all the signs are there like this one, how do you stop it? If a kid shows all the signs do you arrest him? On what charge? Do you have him tailed? For how long and what LE agency? Sounds like this guy sent up all the red flags yet still here we are.

I don't think gun control or ar bans can honestly change anything. Anyone could do the same damage with a 9 or 45

I agree that schools need more security or secure methods. We had armed police in my school back in the 80s and my kids have armed security at their high school now, but it sounds like this Florida school had 1 as well. So how many armed security? What kind of security measures?

I agree! My wife is an elementary school teacher. Anyone that comes inside their school has to go thru the office first. We had the “arm the teachers” conversation but she said that still wouldn’t work. Lock the schools from anyone but the front office and arm them. There needs to be changes made at all schools but either way if someone wants to sneak in a weapon of any kind, they will. Prayers for the victims and I hope this makes people wake up and realize it’s not the gun but the person.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    I’m afraid that one of these events (trust me, there will be more) is going to be the final straw and even the folks we think are on our side in Congress are going to cave to political pressure. The parents that are on the fence about guns right now are going to quickly take a stand when kids keep getting hauled out of schools in bags.

My heart truly goes out to those parents whose child didn’t come home his afternoon.

That is going to require a "Constitutional Convention" i.e. Convention of the States. And for all their blustering, there's no way in hell they want one of those right now. This would not be the only amendment of for "review". The 17th would be close to the front for amending, and the one I think they fear the most is the establishment of TERM LIMITS.

Comment

This is crazy,lord help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                        How did this guy get into a classroom building carrying an AR in the first place?
                        Broken down in a backpack would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                          I agree! My wife is an elementary school teacher. Anyone that comes inside their school has to go thru the office first. We had the “arm the teachers” conversation but she said that still wouldn’t work. Lock the schools from anyone but the front office and arm them. There needs to be changes made at all schools but either way if someone wants to sneak in a weapon of any kind, they will. Prayers for the victims and I hope this makes people wake up and realize it’s not the gun but the person.
                          I disagree with saying arm the teachers won't work. I will fight the baddest heavy weight in the world right now if I know with certainty he can't fight back. These cowards, at least most, won't fight if the victims can fight back.

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
                            Fox News reports that Cruz was a member of "resistance groups" on Facebook, according to reporter Trace Gallagher.
                            “He’s also following resistance groups, like Syrian Resistance groups and fighter groups out of Iraq and, we should also note that a couple days ago, as far as a week ago, that he was involved in a Youtube chat room conversation about bombs or building bombs,”

hmmmmmmm

Horrible situation all around. We already know more about this kid than the Las Vegas guy. I honestly don’t know what the solution is and this just gives the media and the libs more emotional ammo to get the ignorant and uninformed on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              He was 19 years old. He could have went and bought any gun he wanted.
                              I'm going with the assumption that he lived in his parents home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

No God in people’s lives, no fear of the consequences when someone does these terrible acts. Just my 2c

Comment

Working...
                                X