Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tramp Stamp Removal

Just kidding.

But I am having unexpected back surgery next week. Things have escalated rather quickly for me over the past month.

I started having left leg pain back in September. I don’t know what caused it. I just know I hurt. I went to the chiropractor for about 2 months, then PCP, did oral and steroid injections, physical therapy, inversion table... finally went for an MRI after no relief. I have a large herniated disc that pressing against my S1 nerve root which causes the sciatica in my left leg. I followed up with a neurosurgeon who relayed I could have deficits that ruin my career if it herniated more. I did decompression and went to an airrosti. They expedited my surgery from late June to next week. I’m going to a second neurosurgeon today for a second opinion. My primary neurosurgeon is wanting to do a discectomy to relieve pressure from my nerve root. I just know I’m in constant pain.

Feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I can barely put pants on to make it to work... trouble mowing my yard... cleaning or picking anything up... sneezing... but Gods got a plan.

If it’s not one thing it’s another.

I’ve been placed on light duty at work. Recovery is going to take at least 6 weeks.

Not looking for anyone’s horror stories. With the severity of my injury... surgery is best. Just send one up for me to the big Man upstairs if you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers for you on a speedy recovery. I also pray for god to be with all the people working on you, and to guide their hands.

Comment

Prayers up for a speedy recovery. Back pain is the absolute worst

Comment

Once you get it fixed, find some activity to keep it stretched out. After watching Nolan Ryan riding a stationary bike between innings to keep his back loose, I started riding a mountain bike. To old for technical stuff, basically just trail riding. Losing weight and bike riding, I don't have lower back issues anymore. Of course I do have this other back thing going on, but its not related to my lower back.

Comment

God bless you Stephanie. I’m glad you are getting a second opinion on something so important. I worry about surgeons wanting to put patients under the knife so quick nowadays.
          Will send one up for ya gal!!

Comment

Wife had same surgery, so prayers sent, god please lend NS a speedy recovery and a guiding hand to her surgeons

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery. Steph
              I went they it a long time ago.... seems like ages... they are so much more advanced then back in late 80’s... step dad. Had it done, went at 9:00 am and he walked out at 1:00pm
              You be just fine

David G

Comment

Good luck and prayers to the Man for ya.

Comment

I’ve had 3 surgeries, all at the lumbar level. One of the surgeries was a “re-do” because I didn’t follow doctors orders to the letter during recuperation. You will find that there is immediate relief and you’ll be tempted to do more than you should. Don’t!!!!!

Comment

Prayers for quick healing and relief.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll add you to my prayer list.

I have a similar issue, only my disk isnt really herniated. Its Degenerative in nature. Both L4 and 5 are beyond 50% eroded and my neuro wanted to do full disk replacement on both with a artificial disk made of titanium bases that swivel on teflon cushions. I opted out because i am so young.
                      But i absolutely know the pain you are feeling. It has crippled me off and on for the last 10 years.

Hope all goes well with your surgery. If you don't mind me asking, who is going to do the surgery? Texas Brain and Spine in CS is who I am seeing. They seem like a great institution and have good reviews. It wont be long before I eventually have it.

Comment

They do this all the time, if your insurance allows, ask about an intraoperative monitor. It may already be in the plan for the surgeon. This person puts electrodes on your wrists and ankles and a few in the muscles corresponding to whichever nerve the surgeon is working around and can inform the surgeon real time if there is any nerve irritation to avoid damage. It may not be a big deal since its "just" a discetomy and not combined with a fusion.

Hopefully they can do a microdiscectomy which is a very small incision and all the work is done through a microscope of sorts. Surgery is only a couple hours at most.

Good luck

Comment

Tramp Stamp Removal

Rub some dirt on it and get back to work!....[emoji848][emoji848][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

That was a good title!! Good luck and prayers!

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Working...
                              X