No announcement yet.

Easement issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put up Posted signs and give them notice the first time that they arrive advising them that you will be locking the gate that day. This would give them time to figure out another route to enter their place. They probably think its ok to enter there. At least this gives them a heads up that change is coming and they don't find out before daylight on a hunt day. Just my opinion.

Comment

You need to get with the LO. As far as you know, he may have a agreement with the LO of the other property.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        You need to get with the LO. As far as you know, he may have a agreement with the LO of the other property.
        There is no agreement between the two. I know this because my land owner is my life long friend. From what I can tell there was more than likely an agreement between the previous owner of the land I hunt. My friend bought the land a couple years ago and has only given me permission to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
          There is no agreement between the two. I know this because my land owner is my life long friend. From what I can tell there was more than likely an agreement between the previous owner of the land I hunt. My friend bought the land a couple years ago and has only given me permission to be there.
          In that case, they need to find another way in unless you can work something out with them.

Comment

Do you own the property?

Comment

Your landowner/ friend is going to have to make this call. Nothing at this point for you to do except hunt and enjoy it.

Comment

You can actually do little about it- it will have to be handled by the owner of the land. It will also depend on that County this is in and how long this has been used as an easement. I would say at this point you are trying to get something done by your land owner before next years hunting season.
                It will probably need to be ruled on by a judge if the landowners don't come to agreement. Bad situation- I would never feel comfortable with my gear there if I stirred the pot

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  You can actually do little about it- it will have to be handled by the owner of the land. It will also depend on that County this is in and how long this has been used as an easement. I would say at this point you are trying to get something done by your land owner before next years hunting season.
                  It will probably need to be ruled on by a judge if the landowners don't come to agreement. Bad situation- I would never feel comfortable with my gear there if I stirred the pot
                  Yep, length of time this has been going on could surely be a factor. Look up Prescriptive Easements and Adverse Possession. Doesn't seem right to me but it happens.

Comment

I am not 100% sure but I think that in Texas, you cannot land-lock a property owner. In other words, if your property is the only way a landowner can get to their land, then you can't stop them from using your property to get to their land. Again, I am not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by flyin7 View Post
                      I am not 100% sure but I think that in Texas, you cannot land-lock a property owner. In other words, if your property is the only way a landowner can get to their land, then you can't stop them from using your property to get to their land. Again, I am not 100% sure.
                      In most counties this is right and they must be allowed right of way to the property via the road accessing it closest to the county courthouse.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

He won't be blocking there only access just the easiest one. They need to build a bridge

Comment

Originally posted by flyin7 View Post
                            Doesn't sound like the land is landlocked. Sounds like most of the land is blocked by the creek.

I have some land behind a creek. I guarantee I can't trespass on my neighbors property if the creek floods and I can't drive through

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                              Doesn't sound like the land is landlocked. Sounds like most of the land is blocked by the creek.

I have some land behind a creek. I guarantee I can't trespass on my neighbors property if the creek floods and I can't drive through
                              They are not land locked but they are creek locked, and im Thinking if the land owner wants to continue to lease he can allow access from another area that he owns where no one has to cross any other property. I like the bridge idea but I doubt that will happen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you aren't the owner and they aren't either then there is really nothing to debate. Neither of you have authority to do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X