wanting to enter the suppressor game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanting to enter the suppressor game

ive read a bunch of threads on here about them. is there suppressor that i can use on my 16" barrel AR-15 223 and use on my custom 300wsm? the ones that are rated up to 300mag, do they still suppress as well? anyone know what the typical longevity of them are? ive shot a supp 1 time. don't have a clue really about what is what, good or bad.

How long is your 300wsm barrel?

Max pressure
    300wM. 64,000psi saami or 62,336 psi CIP
    300wsm. 63,817 psi CIP

My guess is That most 300 win mag Suppressors will live well on a 300wsm depending on barrel length.

The length of your Barrel is going to be an important factor. The longer the barrel the better it is for the suppressor. I would also suggest you call the manufacturer and talk to them.

They can tell you if they will warrant it and if the camel last.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Another option, is to go up to a 3:38 Lapua Magnum can. The tbac ultra 338 or the Sig SRD 338 QD would be good options. And there are mounts available for the common 308 and 556 thread pitches.

The TBAC has an adapter that let you mount the 338 Ultra on the smaller amounts

These Sig SRD 338 QD fits on the mounts that the srd762 QD and srd556 QD uses

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

The Dead Air Sandman series is regarded as one of the best. They are rated for .300 Win Mag with no barrel length restrictions and not overly bulky/heavy for an AR setup.

Comment

As far as handling your .300 WSM. I would not go up to the .338, it will not suppress as well due to the overbore.

While anything rated to the .300WM should work. I would look at suppressors rated to the .300 RUM. I have the THM Phantom Ti. Most are going to require a 20"bbl on the Magnums.

How long will it last? You will pass it to your kids unless you abuse it.

Comment

Barrel length is 24”. Wants the average wait time now of days?

Comment

I bet applying today individual (which is leveling out to about to about 5-6 months) and Trust will be about the same. Trust is about 6-8 months right now on average.

Comment

I went with the SilencerCo Hybrid for the application you described. It will do .223 up to 45/70 including .338 Lapua Mag at 18”. Also handles pistols .380 to 45 ACP. I got a .30 cal end cap for use on my .308’s.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                  ive read a bunch of threads on here about them. is there suppressor that i can use on my 16" barrel AR-15 223 and use on my custom 300wsm? the ones that are rated up to 300mag, do they still suppress as well? anyone know what the typical longevity of them are? ive shot a supp 1 time. don't have a clue really about what is what, good or bad.

I use a SilencerCo Omega on my .30 cal rifles. It works very well on a .233 and you can get smaller end caps to match the caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                    I bet applying today individual (which is leveling out to about to about 5-6 months) and Trust will be about the same. Trust is about 6-8 months right now on average.
                    9-10 for a trust.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      9-10 for a trust.
                      Not according to NFA tracker. There is about a 2 month lag in the curves and the individual submissions have bottomed out.

Comment

Not according to NFA tracker. There is about a 2 month lag in the curves and the individual submissions have bottomed out.
                        Hmmm. I hope your right but I don't see it shortening in 2-3 months from what it was when I ordered.

Especially with all gun crap going on.

Comment

Christmas/Black Friday/High volume sales periods are likely to throw a wrench in things.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                            Christmas/Black Friday/High volume sales periods are likely to throw a wrench in things.
                            I doubt they will move the needle like 41f did. Infact 41f pulled forward many sales (in my case 3). I think we are looking at 4-8 months being normal unless real legislation starts being debated or passed.

The suppressor market is less "panicky" than the AR market which is starting to heat up.

Comment

I’m just over a year on a trust

Comment

Working...
                              X