Canon T3i, T4i or 60D ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon T3i, T4i or 60D ?s

I was going to look and compare on Canons site but my IPad doesn't have the right flash player and my computer is about a piece so I figured you photography guys on here would be my next best bet.

Ok, last year I was going to buy a T2i but never could find the camera/lense package I wanted. Since they have discontinued the T2i, I'm able to find T3i and T4i with the lenses I want. What is going to be any big differences between the T4i and the T3i? Besides fps and some other small things I haven't been able to notice anything else. Also, what would make it worth it to get a 60D? Similar price range but only small differences from what I can tell. What you got guys.

T4i is touch screen and the T3i isn't. We are buying a T4i pretty soon. Have researched cameras for a while. If this will be your first dslr camera, the go with a canon not a Nikon. Nikons are harder to use. Canon is user friendly.

Comment

Here you go...

T4i has the newest sensor (DIGIC 5). I'd probably get that one if I were going to buy one of those 3.

Comment

The T2i, T3i and the T4i are not even in the same league with the 60D, as the other 3 are considered intermediate DSLR cameras, and the 60D is considered an advanced DSLR. If you got the money get the 60D and don't look back.

Comment

i bought the t3i over christmas. i am an inexperienced dslr user and it was pretty simple to use and took great pictures. if you are not a photographer, i think a t would be better than the 60d. just my opinion.

as for the t3i vs t4i, i went with the t3i due to the fact that it was considerably cheaper and compareable to the t4i with the exception of video. and we do not use out dslr for video, we have another camera for that.

Comment

I currently have a T2i and a 7D (a "step up" from a 60D, which is an intermediate body). Image quality from the T2i is very similar (if not equal) to the 7D, and I presume the 60D would be the same as well. They have the same sensors. The differences are in the bells and whistles and in how the control buttons are laid out.

A lot of people felt like the 60D was a step down from the 50D, actually. One of the biggest differences between the Rebels and the xxD models has always been in the build. The 7D body is metal while the Rebels are plastic. The 60D is plastic too, which was a change from the metal 10D - 50D models. There are pros and cons to metal and plastic. Plastic doesn't dent. Metal doesn't crack. I try not to do anything to my cameras that would crack or dent them anyway. The 60D is more weather sealed than the Rebels, but not as weather resistant as the 7D. Still, I don't take my 7D out in the rain without covering it up. I don't want to find out just how weather resistant it is (or isn't). I've shot football games in the rain with a T2i and with a 7D. I kept both of them covered, and I did just fine.

The T4i's new DIGIC 5 sensor is more advanced than the DIGIC 4 that's in the 7D, 60D and the previous Rebels. It (from what I've read) handles low light high ISO situations even better than the others, producing less noise in the images. Getting less noise at high ISOs is a big deal. That opens up a lot of possibilities to keep shooting in situations where you might have been unable to get usable pics in the past. The DIGIC 4 cameras do a great job with high ISO too, but if the new one is even better then that would be awesome.

All these cameras are better in many ways and will give you better image quality than older models like the 40D or Rebel XT, especially at high ISOs. They all have higher resolutions and are less noisy than older models. It just depends on your personal preference and whether you feel spending additional money in order to get a few more bells and whistles is worth it to you or not. It depends on how much you need and will use the bells and whistles. The T4i is the newest technology, and it has the most bells and whistles (whether you use all of them or not). So I'd probably go with that one if I were choosing from that group and price level. But you wouldn't go wrong with any of them.
            Last edited by Shane; 01-22-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys. I look at a lot of the pics y'all take and think I wish I could do that. You guys have some talents.

Comment

Just get a 5D Mark III

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                  Just get a 5D Mark III
                  I was thinking the 1D X but I'm not sure if I could live up to it potential.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      Yeah those are sweet.

Comment

Well photographer I am not.. But I am the owner of a T4I and would say it is really easy and takes great pictures. I have a little old school 35mm experience, shutter apature that type of stuff which has helped. My wife picked it up and took some great pictures straight away. I would say it is a great deal. I would also recomend the STM lense option. if you look around I found a deal at Fort Worth Camera and Video for little over 800.
                        Good luck
                        Azle

Comment

You want to buy my T3i, so i can upgrade to the 6D.

Comment

Here is some features comparison T4i VS 60D
                            In favor of the T4i:
                            Hybrid focus system for video performance - although feedback seems to be the new hybrid system is better but still not good enough but it is continuous AF which the 60d does not have.
                            Touchscreen interface (could also be a con)
                            digic 5 image processor vs. digic 4 of 60d - better High ISO performance - one stop more of native ISO
                            slightly improved LCD.
                            option for GPS
                            In favor of the 60d:
                            pentaprism vs pentamirror.
                            1/250 vs 1/200 flash synch speed.
                            larger viewfinder mag (0.95 vs. 0.85)
                            1/8000 vs. 1/4000 shutter (only really matters when you're using f1.2 and f1.4 type lenses outdoors in bright light wide open).
                            some weather sealing (t4i has none)
                            better battery

Comment

Working...
                            X