Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    I don't like it, but I think they got it right. He was gonna make the catch and it was a helluva play.
    The fan didn't reach onto the field to try for the ball. They got it wrong. But we know the redsox will never lose a replay review to the Astros.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin01 View Post
      To me it was a bad call. Yes u think he would have made the catch but it was oast the wall and I thought it was only interference if a fan reaches over the wall onto the field side.
      This is exactly right. If the player is making a play on the ball outside of the field of play fan interference can not be called. They got it wrong. Even after having NY look at it. ****ing terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I don't like it, but I think they got it right. He was gonna make the catch and it was a helluva play.
        Whether he would’ve made the play is a moot point with a ball out of the field of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
          The fan didn't reach onto the field to try for the ball. They got it wrong. But we know the redsox will never lose a replay review to the Astros.
          Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          Whether he would’ve made the play is a moot point with a ball out of the field of play.
          I stand corrected. The ball and the player were both OUT of the field of play.

Comment

Terrible call.

Comment

Maldonado may have a canon right arm, but he hurting us something bad right now!

Comment

Ive got 10 yr olds that can bunt better than that

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                  Completely screwed by Joe West and NY.

Rule 3.16 Comment: There is a difference between a ball which has been thrown or batted into the stands, touching a spectator thereby being out of play even though it rebounds onto the field and a spectator going onto the field or reaching over, under or through a barrier and touching a ball in play or touching or otherwise interfering with a player. In the latter case it is clearly intentional and shall be dealt with as intentional interference as in Rule 3.15. Batter and runners shall be placed where in the umpire’s judgment they would have been had the interference not occurred.

No interference shall be allowed when a fielder reaches over a fence, railing, rope or into a stand to catch a ball. He does so at his own risk. However, should a spectator reach out on the playing field side of such fence, railing or rope, and plainly prevent the fielder from catching the ball, then the batsman should be called out for the spectator’s interference.

Exactly the call that should have been played. While I could understand him missing in live from his position, he and replay all missed it terribly on replay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Terrible call on interference. He reached into the stands, the fans did not reach into the field.

Comment

Maldonado needed to go to the bench with Morton.

Comment

Maldonado’s laziness behind the plate is really starting to irritate me.

Comment

Our guy watching the Red Sox dugout needed to be doing some PI work on Machete. That guy has to be on the take.

Comment

Maldonado’s laziness behind the plate is really starting to irritate me.

Comment

Man I never saw a definitive angle to tell if he went into the stands or not. Seemed like it was right on the verge of yes or no and depending on how it was called on the field was what it was staying regardless of review.

Especially was tricky since Betts glove was 4 feet above the wall!

Outfield umpire should be much closer to the wall though and that would've solved having a crappy angle by old West

Comment

Soooo close to redemption for altuve

Need this run!

Comment

Working...
                                X