Where to go for a Texas Beach Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to go for a Texas Beach Vacation

Looking for the best place to go to take the family to the beach, do some fishing, nearby attractions, etc....9, 13 and 16 year old kids.
    Thanks

South Padre

Comment

We had a blast at Corpus last year, but I don't know how it is looking these days post Harvey! We rented a condo that was right down the street from Whitecap Beach and the Packery Channel. Probably the best beach day I've ever had! We fished the channel that morning and should have set aside more time to fish.

Schlitterbahn was close to where we stayed. We went to a Hooks game, but my kids got bored, 4 & 7. Touring the Lexington was awesome and I highly recommend it! They have a coupon on their website. If we had stayed more days I would have gone to the Aquarium. It has a water park inside too.
      Last edited by Erin; 03-13-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Padre, North or South, either works... will be lots of folks there, but only the "bravest" souls will actually be in the water... It's still pretty cool... SPI will be a bit warmer than up around Corpus and north end...

Comment

South Padre, Corpus.

Comment

All of the above answers - just keep in mind - these areas get a lil , different , around this time of year..... according to a buddy .. that I know

Comment

If you want a nice beach, I would suggest the Alabama or panhandle of Florida beaches.

It all depends on if you are looking for clear water and white sand beaches. We have found they are not in Texas. It is worth the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                If you want a nice beach, I would suggest the Alabama or panhandle of Florida beaches.

It all depends on if you are looking for clear water and white sand beaches. We have found they are not in Texas. It is worth the drive.
                Probably the best advice yet...

Oh and the post above that one... Since it is spring break... "The Beach" may or may NOT be so family friendly right now... The Alabama and Fla. Panhandle beaches are patrolled and controlled a bit better since there you can actually have "private" beaches whereas Texas ALL beaches are public and much less patrolled/controlled...

Comment

Pensacola LOL

Comment

This^^^

Drive is not that much worse and worth it

Comment

I am heading back to Port A this year, I have been on the list for our condo for 4 months now. I was told by the property manager that room availability was way down, and they expect tourism to be way down also. I really hope for a quiet year there this year.

Comment

Heard the Texas spring break towns had been warned about fecal matter in the waters.... Id check before I went

Comment

I have been to South Padre and Galveston. The water at South Padre was very nice when we were there (at the end of August.) I mean it was beautiful..

I think there is more to do in Galveston. The other attractions at South Padre were a little lacking, especially compared to Destin/Galveston. (I also found Orange Beach lacking compared to Destin though.) We were only at SP and Orange Beach AL for a long weekend though. Spent a little more time in Destin.

Not sure about Port A/Rockport.....especially after the Hurricane. I think they need tourists though. So you would be doing somewhat of a good deed to visit there, I believe they are open for business.

Comment

Crystal beach for muddy waters and trashy sand! Its wonderful...

Comment

Second this.

Comment

Working...
                              X