Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need "new" vehicle. Car or truck? Midlife crisis, Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    A camaro less than 55 years old is a pretty lame mid life crisis. I'd recommend strippers and blow.
    Perfect advice right there.

Comment

Sounds like the truck is the money maker. Replace with it with a newer truck and buy a project "mid life crisis" hot rod of choice. There are plenty of nice rollers out there and you can build your drivetrain to put in it. That's pretty much my story, I am almost a year into a 2000 mustang drag car, coyote swap with turbo backed up by a powerglide, its still in progress and I am enjoying the build as I have the time to tinker with it.

Comment

I think you should look into the HellCat. Or trackhawk the super charger sounds amazing. I think they have a 4 door as well so can still use for family.

Comment

You already know what your gonna do, aint no one on here changing your mind.

P.S. And your heart wont take no stripper or blow, so just leave it alone If you are wanting excitement go eat at Golden Corral then drive non stop for 3 hours, purty sure you will forget all about hot rods and new trucks.
          Last edited by Radar; 04-12-2018, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            The fit and finish on the interior was not good. Lower end then I expected for the money. Lot's of plastic, and the typical GM rattles that you can't find. Even when only a couple weeks old the thing rattled. They still have the old 900 lb Camaro doors too.
            Good to know GM still hasn't fixed the plastic rattle problem. I looked inside a new GMC, and I swear the dash (Minus the touch screen) looked no better than my '96 did. And that '96 was bulletproof and didn't rattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
              Get a Harley - better on gas. [emoji106]
              And you can name the bike after your favorite strippers name....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, some good advice. I deliver parts once or twice a week, so the older truck should be fine for a while as long as I have another primary vehicle. No doubt, another used truck will be most practical. But have to admit I havent liked the way they look for quite a while now. I guess Im just getting old. I have looked at some rebuilt older trucks, mid 80's K10s and they are awesome, but need something more.....uhh reliable ( I have had a 75 C10, 85 Sierra and 93 z71 ).

I dont know what it is, but I dont really even like the new Chevy trucks.

And for the record, Im ( more than a ) bit of a square, no strippers or blow for me! Sorry!

( Drug and STD free for me! )

Comment

I will say, another early 2000 Z71 may be the way to go for me. I know them fairly well and this one has been ridiculously reliable. Very few issues and still looks good for its age. I maintain it well mechanically but not visually. Best truck I have ever had, by far.

Comment

A camaro less than 55 years old is a pretty lame mid life crisis. I'd recommend strippers and blow.
                    Dale has never told a lie.

This is no exception.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      Thanks, some good advice. I deliver parts once or twice a week, so the older truck should be fine for a while as long as I have another primary vehicle. No doubt, another used truck will be most practical. But have to admit I havent liked the way they look for quite a while now. I guess Im just getting old. I have looked at some rebuilt older trucks, mid 80's K10s and they are awesome, but need something more.....uhh reliable ( I have had a 75 C10, 85 Sierra and 93 z71 ).

I dont know what it is, but I dont really even like the new Chevy trucks.

And for the record, Im ( more than a ) bit of a square, no strippers or blow for me! Sorry!

( Drug and STD free for me! )
                      You can't have a mid life crisis without strippers, blow & STD's. Step up you game Son

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        I will say, another early 2000 Z71 may be the way to go for me. I know them fairly well and this one has been ridiculously reliable. Very few issues and still looks good for its age. I maintain it well mechanically but not visually. Best truck I have ever had, by far.
                        For the same price of the 2000 Z71 but if you want something different get a clean Jeep wrangler TJ. I drive mine alot on the weekends and my truck M-F. Easy to pop out the back seat if you need to haul parts. They are a fun little run around town and can be used on deer lease too.

Comment

I'm getting a Polaris Slingshot next. I have a Mustang now and love it!

Comment

Haaaa. So true. A Camaro, certainly a modern one, should never be the answer.

Comment

Well dang it boys, I rule out hookers and cocaine and everybody bails on me hahaha

Comment

Still say a used Tacoma could be a good alternative...

Comment

Working...
                                X