No announcement yet.

Sad deal at a deer lease in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man it's hard to hear about stuff like this. Prayers for the family.

Comment

This is too sad but happens. About a month ago it almost happened to My Dad, My son and myself, and with that being said it's not always as cut and dry as propane heaters being in the cabin or trailer. We had electric heat but our generator was too close to the trailer and the fumes were going under it and one side of the trailer is blocked off under so the north wind doesn't come in. Well it was trapped under the camper and just rose up. Luckily my son started coughing and crying in his sleep and my dad woke up stumbling and not making sense talking to me and I said get out of here we are being carbon monoxide poisoned. All got out and felt really bad and sickn son threw up but could have been way worse. We now have a combo smoke and carbon monoxide detector.

Comment

We have two campers like this but both use electric heat. I warn them all the time to be sure and open a vent.

Very sad. Prayers for the families.

Comment

So sad !
          My wife and almost died last year after we had the house re roofed , and the roofers
          Removed not one but two furnace vents and shingled over them venting directly in our house! The dogs saved us by throwing up in our beds " every house or trailer should have both a carbon monoxide and fire detectors "

Comment

Sad deal for sure. The only method of heat I use at my cabin when sleeping, is an electric blanket.

Comment

Hate to hear this. Sad, sad deal.

After reading this story, and now that my kids are hunting by themselves more often, we had the talk tonight about this scenario. Both in campers and blinds.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Dang that is tough! Prayers go out to the family.

Gas heaters have always scared the **** out of me for this very reason. I use a old small bathroom type propane heater in my blinds. I ALWAYS OPEN (not just cracked) a window when I use them. My grandad always told a story of four doctors that went mule deer hunting in out west Texas. They were all found dead in their camper from carbon monoxide poisoning a day after they arrived. It can happen to anyone in an instant. Be careful out there fellas.

Comment

Oh boy. What a tragedy. Prayers for the families involved.

Comment

God bless the families involved here.

Comment

Sad deal, prayers to the families involved.

Comment

Very sad prayers for all

Comment

Electric heat for me fortunately. There are places that do not have electricity though. That is just horrible for the Families. For others posting "close-calls" on here, thank goodness you are all ok.

Comment

NM

Comment

So sad

Comment

Working...
                                X