Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind did not lay until late and only saw 1 hog a young 7 and a cow horn spike. Back at it in the AM.

Comment

It should be a good morning.

Comment

This morning SUCKS!!!! One little buck is all i have seen. ��

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
          Just checking in to see if you were hunting this am.
          Good luck tonight.
          Barely made it out last night and never made it to the stand. It was a comedy of frustrating delays and I only got out at about sunset. As luck would have it, I got pinned down by a mid-120s 3 year old dogging a doe en route to the stand. I watched them for the rest of the night.

Not a soul moving this morning. Be safe, y'all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post

We connected on a good one this morning.

Not this Cowboy...
              Very nice, congrats!

Comment

I really thought with the weather this morning it would have been a great hunt. Nothing but a young 6 showed up

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post

We connected on a good one this morning.
                  Shelter belt buck!
                  He's very nice, love that G2.
                  Congrats

Comment

Wind did not lay until late and only saw 1 hog a young 7 and a cow horn spike. Back at it in the AM.
                    Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                    Not a soul moving this morning. Be safe, y'all.
                    Pinned down all day and wind calmed late, maybe they fed all night.
                    This afternoon.

Good luck men.

Comment

They were moving before daylight this morning. My shift release has hit 3 deer in 2 different vehicles in the last week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Settled in for an afternoon sit. Hopefully something will move.

Comment

Well, I had a great morning near McLean. Bucks are chasing does everywhere. Had a few does and some small bucks come through at first light, they were scared off by some coyotes. Then it went still for an hour. But I knew they were on wheatfields late and would be by at some point. Sure enough has 4 does come in and 5 or six up and comers come and check them. At 9:15 looked out and 70 yards away was target buck grunting and trailing a doe. Got my bow up and knew it would depend on where that doe went if I would get me a shot. After 10 or 15 min she made the perfect move and walked right in front of me at 30 yards, he was 5 yard behind her. Drew bow and 50 yards later I have my best deer to date. 148 in 8 point with 40 in of mass.

Find the does and sit tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
                            Well, I had a great morning near McLean. Bucks are chasing does everywhere. Had a few does and some small bucks come through at first light, they were scared off by some coyotes. Then it went still for an hour. But I knew they were on wheatfields late and would be by at some point. Sure enough has 4 does come in and 5 or six up and comers come and check them. At 9:15 looked out and 70 yards away was target buck grunting and trailing a doe. Got my bow up and knew it would depend on where that doe went if I would get me a shot. After 10 or 15 min she made the perfect move and walked right in front of me at 30 yards, he was 5 yard behind her. Drew bow and 50 yards later I have my best deer to date. 148 in 8 point with 40 in of mass.

Find the does and sit tight.
                            Wow! What are the bases? 40" mass on a 8pt, that's Saskatchewan mass. Congrats

Comment

In a stand scouting for a friend but believe one was 5 7/8 and other 5 6/8
                              Only his last mass measurement was under 5 and they both were around 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great bucks Duzy and Johnny!

My morning finished off sucky too with only a small muley buck seen.

I'm settled into my go-to spot with this south wind. We'll see, but I'm excited just to be on stand. Good luck, gents!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X