X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    Can you take one in Hagerman ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a good question. I don't know if you can or not...I would assume they would have gone through that in the meeting yesterday morning right?

I will find out next year when drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
      if you get permission and only at certain times if memory serves me right

Need permission for sure

Hope he finds it

Comment

Per the other thread, deer is now on private property. Having to check with landowner

Comment

oh no!! wishing him the best of luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

On a side note, I had a half dozen turkey come by

Comment

Cool

Comment

Hope you get permission to look for your deer.

Comment

Originally posted by SBXT View Post
                    On a side note, I had a half dozen turkey come by

You sitting on the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                      if you get permission and only at certain times if memory serves me right
                      With permission and after dark, as I understand it. I went after dark during one of the hunts last year. And they didn't give us long to look.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        You sitting on the ground?

Pic was almost from ground. Went to truck at lunch for phone cord. As I was going back up the tree I spotted the turkey

Comment

Just had another large group of turkey come by, video later.

Comment

In

Comment

So an update and recap. Buck came in this morning and made a scrape which was cool to watch. He then came straight down my trail and was at 10 yards but head on. I thought ab a spine shot but decided not too. He then spun and got into some thick brush, I had one opening and when he crossed I let go. He bucked when the arrow hit and took off. I trailed him to private property with a great blood trail. Once I got permission I crossed over with the game warden and a raver where we followed it another 80-90 yards. It would be spotty and then have a huge spot. A lot of dark red blood and bubbles were in a lot of it so I for sure got one lung. The blood trail suddenly stopped and we couldn't pick it back up. He was a old deer that was very wide and had Hagerman trash on the end of each beam. Not a super high scoring deer but cool character probably 130s. Very disappointing bc I feel as do the wardens that the deer is for sure dead based on the. Lois trail. I hate to waste an animal like that.

Comment

Originally posted by dbwilson View Post
                                So an update and recap. Buck came in this morning and made a scrape which was cool to watch. He then came straight down my trail and was at 10 yards but head on. I thought ab a spine shot but decided not too. He then spun and got into some thick brush, I had one opening and when he crossed I let go. He bucked when the arrow hit and took off. I trailed him to private property with a great blood trail. Once I got permission I crossed over with the game warden and a raver where we followed it another 80-90 yards. It would be spotty and then have a huge spot. A lot of dark red blood and bubbles were in a lot of it so I for sure got one lung. The blood trail suddenly stopped and we couldn't pick it back up. He was a old deer that was very wide and had Hagerman trash on the end of each beam. Not a super high scoring deer but cool character probably 130s. Very disappointing bc I feel as do the wardens that the deer is for sure dead based on the. Lois trail. I hate to waste an animal like that.
                                did you give the land owner your contact info? maybe if they find it dead in a few days/weeks they can still give you the head for a Euro. Sucks, but you still have days to hunt. Get back in the stand and go after another.

Comment

Working...
                                X