Costa Repair Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Repair Shop

I know they have been scolded on here a few times but they treated me right and I wanted to give them a big thumbs up. I sent my old, beat up, and now discontinued glasses in because the lenses were delaminating. Looked like reptile scales. Sent them in, 2 weeks later I get a call to pick any glasses from their current lineup with the 580p lenses. Guess what came in today, brand new! [emoji1303]

I recently dealt with them as well. After 3 weeks of receiving emails that my glasses were back ordered, they sent me an email and said to call and that there may be other options... Besides me being on hold for 45 min with the repair shop, I was pleased that they found me nearly the same pair and are now sending them to me for the small fee of $12 (overall the wait was worth receiving a brand new pair of $260 glasses)

Question for you uncle Bub, how old was old? I have a pair that is probably 10 + years old that i was using while mine have been out for repair. One of the glass lenses has had crack for 8 of those 10+ years. I never sent them in cus of how old they were, I would love to send those in and get another "free pair or $12" because there is no doubt that this pair has been discontinued haha.

thanks and congrats on your new pair.

Comment

Guess I need to send mine in. I have a pair that fell off my cap and landed on a tile floor and shatter the side of one of the lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
        I recently dealt with them as well. After 3 weeks of receiving emails that my glasses were back ordered, they sent me an email and said to call and that there may be other options... Besides me being on hold for 45 min with the repair shop, I was pleased that they found me nearly the same pair and are now sending them to me for the small fee of $12 (overall the wait was worth receiving a brand new pair of $260 glasses)

Question for you uncle Bub, how old was old? I have a pair that is probably 10 + years old that i was using while mine have been out for repair. One of the glass lenses has had crack for 8 of those 10+ years. I never sent them in cus of how old they were, I would love to send those in and get another "free pair or $12" because there is no doubt that this pair has been discontinued haha.

thanks and congrats on your new pair.
        Probably about 7-8 years old. They were scratched to hell because I forgot they were on my hat bill quit a few times lol. It wouldn't hurt to send them in, all they will do is tell you no dice and send them back.

You weren't kidding on about the wait time on the phone either! Probably the worst part...

Comment

Tagged to find out more info. I have a pair of 8-10 year old Frigates that the rubber is falling apart on. I just emailed them to find out what options I have as far as reusing the lenses (in excellent condition).

Comment

And people wonder why companies are getting stingy with their warranty policies....^^^

Comment

I did all my stuff on line with them. I just got mine back after them having the broken glasses for a month. $109 later, I had a new pair of Fantail 580g green mirror glasses.

Comment

Paid $325+ for a pair of Costa's with the glass 580 lens and love them. I have dropped them 2 different times and broke a lens and both times it cost me $185 to repair.

Now I have $695 invested in this pair of Costa's and I pray I don't drop them again!!

Comment

Sent mine in because the plastic was seperating. They were out of plastic lenses to replace mine so they replaced mine with glass free of charge. I got them in the mail and it was a brand new pair. All for $7 in shipping so i love their customer service.

Comment

I have a pair of costas I sent in a few weeks back and just got an email they want me to pay $110 to fix the frames and lenses. Problem is the frames de-laminated and nose pieces wore down and they want to charge me $89 for the frames alone. Is this normal? I didn't do anything to cause either of these besides normal use and I guess I figured on getting it done for just the $13 I already paid for warranty work as it seems like warranty work to me. The other $21 is to fix lenses which do have scratches and I am fine with that. Just the frames costing so much is what's getting me.

Comment

Working...
                    X