No announcement yet.

Rocksprings land ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a cousin-in-law’s dad who owned a place out there. They’d divided up a 2000 acre ranch into 50 acre plots and sold them off. It was a cool place, but the hunting was pretty mediocre considering there were probably 100 people a year hunting 2000 acres.

Comment

The overhunting is what worries me about trying to buy a smaller place out there. Maybe I’ll win the lottery tomorrow and not have to worry about buying a small place lol

Comment

When we looked at property out that way, it seems some of the subdivisions had game
        co-ops where they had a biologist make recommendations on harvest. I would definitely look at those types over an anything goes situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
          We're off of Hwy 41 & CAR 230. @30 acres .. lots of Hogs & deer with an elk every once in a while. 99 percent go the 1st weekend and maybe Thanksgiving .. other than that don't see them .. No issues so far

You've got elk that far in Central Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve also been looking at 100+ acre tracts in Edwards County. Anyone own on Mail Trail subdivision? Seems like that subdivision has an actual management program?

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
              I an North of Rocksprings off of hwy41 and Snodgrass rd we have a 100 acres and the neighborhood is 100. -400 acres and the hunting is great. You will just have to look at it and see what is around you and what it offers. There is a 272 acre place just up from us that is running $568.000 with a house surrounded by large acreage. Best of luck it took us three years to find our place.
              Can I ask why it took 3 years? Did you have specific criteria you were sticking to?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBevo View Post
                I’ve also been looking at 100+ acre tracts in Edwards County. Anyone own on Mail Trail subdivision? Seems like that subdivision has an actual management program?
                Ive been n Mailtrail for 4 years now... its legit. Just do a search and I have posted many trailcam pics.

Comment

I know very little about subdivisions.....so does anybody live on these types of properties? Can you claim wildlife exemption of tax reasons? We are also looking to buy more property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                    Ive been n Mailtrail for 4 years now... its legit. Just do a search and I have posted many trailcam pics.
                    Awesome thanks. Will probably PM you in the future.

Comment

WE HAVE A LAND OWNERS ASSOCIATION. We pay $2 per acre and they maintain the roads. We also have a cattle lease that keeps ours taxes down, I believe we pay $135 for the 84 acres.
                      We do have rules, No subleasing, no hunting operations or businesses off the property.
                      We have mirror tags for our vehicles to recognize land owners.
                      Its a 4000ac ranch that broke up called Stagecoach Springs/Broken Spoke.
                      Granted, I did see more deer 13years ago when we first bought, but all low fence externaly and we have different species on game camera over the years.
                      Audad, sika, fallow, axis, Whitetail, pigs, turkey, seen 1 javelina and some wild goats.

We bought if for the get a way and a place to hang out. The animals are just the bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                        Where exactly is Mailtrail from town and what thread are your pictures under?

Comment

I’ve noticed this too. Rocksprings and del rio seem to have a lot of those tracks. I’m just worried about the over hunting my everyone that has a license to hunt

Comment

Something like that, how do you determine if it’s a good location? From the locals ?

Comment

We were looking for a place big enough to hunt on that had water and electric and a place to live. We found what we were looking for and then some. There is a really nice place just up from us the is 272 acres that is very nice with the same amenities as our place although it is a little bigger and higher price it is very nice.

Comment

We looked at several tracts that had been subdivided onto 40 to 100 acre pieces. Some looked promising but a couple areas had been nearly shot out. Several tracts of 40 acres or more had a box stand every 100 or so yards along their perimeter. There was very little deer sign in that area. Lots of plots were for sale by owner there and lots of abandoned camp areas. We didn’t see much of a hunting future, if any, in those areas. Getting into an area that is game managed, IMO. Is a must. Besides, it is a 10 hour trip from home down there. Some beautiful country for sure, just be very very cautious if hunting is your main reason for buying.

Comment

Working...
                                X